PDA

View Full Version : keep it original or mod?

scottishstu
20-03-06, 11:20 PM
right guys honest opinions , just bought the nova about 2 months ago this is my 4th! any way not sure what to do think want to keep it as original as possible as you dont see many left whats your thoughts ? did a few thinks to it so far , bb4 back box (think pipe to wide?) not go side skirts and kn filter and changed the alloys as hated they blk ones!!
whats you thoughts cheers stuart ( be nice!!!):thumb:

before .............................
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/generalstu/novab41.jpg
after..........................
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/generalstu/after2.jpg

Adam
20-03-06, 11:54 PM
Nice choice of wheels! :)
Looks tidy,back needs lowering more, and something like a 3" exhaustwould suit it better.
Also a smooth style rear wiper, cant remember which car you get one off tho.

Apart from that, very nice. Not many black Sr's left :)

ade
20-03-06, 11:56 PM
that look well tidy!

I'd leave it as is tbh - not many unmolested Novas about...

Perhaps drop it a tad. Alloys are nice...

ScottishStu - Scottish? are you and where abouts?

Ade

scottishstu
21-03-06, 12:09 AM
sure am from scotland near glasgow and thanks for the positive coments guys need ideas for the rear bumper as go gsi side skirts now and laguna splitter at front any ideas for the rear ?
cheers

shy witness
21-03-06, 07:13 PM
without a doubt mate.............keep it pretty standard

black 1's look sweet i think with very little done.........

a guy that lives near my work had a minter black sr with a set of 17inch shado chrome kosei's...and woz just lowered........it looked real sweet and mint.......

it disappeared 4 alotta months and appeared with a widearch kit..silly 'bad fitting' bumopers etc etc..need i go on..........it looked terrible and after a hell of alotta money /time.effort n'all

he's now hit it that many times that its off the road more than its on it.and he's just fitted a valver......

i see it sitting all rubbed down again.......maybe he'll get it right this time

Iain
21-03-06, 07:36 PM
^^ People should leave the SR's alone and molest a 1.2, especially if they're changing the engine anyway. Black SRs look the nuts just lowered on some nice alloys. :thumb: No need to mess 'em about.

Nice car btw. :)

Stanley
21-03-06, 08:43 PM
yep, lower it more, smooth rear wiper and a nice rolled out tip exhaust (3.5inch).

try and find some 195/45/15s for it too andd your laughing

looks like a real nice moter u have there.

gotta love the scottish novas hehe

novamadcars
21-03-06, 11:07 PM
car looks good mate

dannyb
21-03-06, 11:43 PM
LEAVE IT AS IS MATE! Thats a mint car you got mate. Bodykits are all well and good but you are looking at something which won't depreciate unless you crash it or stick a load of crap on it in. If you keep it semi-original with reversable tasteful mods, you'll find there will be a lot more people knocking at your door when you come to sell it.

craig green
22-03-06, 12:36 PM
^^ People should leave the SR's alone and molest a 1.2, especially if they're changing the engine anyway. Black SRs look the nuts just lowered on some nice alloys. :thumb: No need to mess 'em about.

Nice car btw. :)

Sums it all up!:thumb:

Simes
22-03-06, 01:49 PM
what wheels are they?? i take it they're 15's from 1 of the previous threads but im in desperate need of a set of wheels as i cant afford my beloved speedlines at the moment as im in the middle of doing an xe conversion

mad-driver
22-03-06, 07:39 PM
How about this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/tvrman123/beast.jpg

mad-driver
22-03-06, 07:40 PM
what wheels are they?? i take it they're 15's from 1 of the previous threads but im in desperate need of a set of wheels as i cant afford my beloved speedlines at the moment as im in the middle of doing an xe conversion

Oh and they are Cav Cesaro alloys ;) 15 inch

scottishstu
22-03-06, 10:43 PM
thanks a lot guys for all the coments ! first class ye defo keeping it as original as possible , just added gsi side skirts and waitin on laguna front splitter and changed the rear lights to clear not sure of them what use think?
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/generalstu/novadsnow.jpg

scottishstu
22-03-06, 10:45 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/generalstu/novarearnow.jpg

scottishstu
22-03-06, 10:50 PM
ye mate as the last guy said they are 15inch alloys not sure of the name they came off a calibra! was thinking on getting the original 3 spoke gsi alloys but not to sure

Jack
22-03-06, 10:58 PM
As said, they're Cesaro alloys - found on Astras and Cavaliers. One of my ex's had them on her Cav, a proper bo' Cesaro, yum yum.

I think the clear rears don't look too out of place on there tbh.

graham kirkbride
22-03-06, 11:13 PM
keep it as it is mate looks very nice a fine example of a sr not many standard novas about now days :thumb:

scottishstu
23-03-06, 08:10 PM
mad driver !
ment to say in last message nice car mate , you had it long? what work you did to it?
cheers
stuart

dannyb
24-03-06, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't bother with the splitter, but the clear rear lights look nice and it wont be the end of the world if you decided to put them back. Are you going to change the side repeaters to clear? I might have a set if you want..