PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Chassis?

Paul
20-03-06, 01:19 PM
I have s light problem.

I have fitted the LET engine to my Nova, which held a 2.0 16v XE before, and it is not sitting right.

The cambelt cover is leaning on the drivers side mount.

I have tried a new mount, and this has not solved the problem ,any ideas, could I have bent the 2.0 mount or even worse is my chassis twisted?

Any way of adjusting the way the engine sits from the gearbox rear mount?

Thanks

Paul

Lee H
20-03-06, 04:22 PM
I'm guessing your LET has the later style cambelt setup whereas your XE was the early one. The later one has an extra pulley and therefore and extra lump on the cambelt cover exactly where the Nova mount is on the chassis leg. I ended up trimming the cover to fit.

Have you got your XE cover to compare it to?

Paul
20-03-06, 05:57 PM
Dont know if it is a late style setup, think it is, its from a Cavalier, got a ne engine no. if thats any help?

dan16v
20-03-06, 10:13 PM
i have the same problem mate! its as has been said, the let is using the later style tensioner set up! try trimming the rubber bit that runs around the belt cover! worse case trim abit of the belt cover off!;)

Paul
20-03-06, 10:18 PM
Cheers for that Dan and Lee, much appreciated, as you can tell i feared the worst lol :thumb:

RJM25R
21-03-06, 08:47 AM
I had the same prob, changed from early XE to distributerless ignition later xe.

look at this pic to see where u need to mod.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/DSC04577.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/DSC04578.jpg

dan16v
21-03-06, 05:16 PM
what d/s mount is every one using that has this problem? im on a tas mount!

Paul
21-03-06, 07:49 PM
Im not too technically termed lol. But try to explain it just to check i definitely just need to cut away cover.

The bit of chassis where the standard rubber mount bolts up through (thers 2 holes), this is where mine is touching.

I am waiting to get some proper mounts, such as TAS if i can find them or the ones that Dar plugs up everynow and then, but just want to check that this is right?

Thanks

Paul

Lee H
22-03-06, 09:02 AM
what d/s mount is every one using that has this problem? im on a tas mount!

Standard rubber Nova mount.