PDA

View Full Version : requested progress pics.

benji
19-03-06, 09:57 PM
a few people have asked me recently how my nova is coming along so i said i would take some pics.

the cars about done now, all it needs is a new front screen, the bumper mounting, bonnet pin's fitting and a few other bits. the reason it's taken so long is the fact that the paint job is crap. it's put me off the car and if it was insured i would of burnt it by now. i'm going to get it together and drive it for the summer and have it resprayed again next winter. i neds a good clean but you get the idea, i happy with the colour. the work i did on the rear suspension has paind off as i can get it lower than that if needed, and still have room for the slicks. at the front i need to use 5mm spacers for the tyres to clears the spring platforms, i might get some shorter springs if i can be ****d. i'm still not setteled on choice of engine, but i did spend the afternoon doing this :)

http://www.trackdaynova.co.uk/images/rebuild/corsa.jpg

and heres the car.

http://www.trackdaynova.co.uk/images/rebuild/front.jpg

http://www.trackdaynova.co.uk/images/rebuild/side.jpg

http://www.trackdaynova.co.uk/images/rebuild/rear.jpg

http://www.trackdaynova.co.uk/images/rebuild/rearside.jpg

Mike.
19-03-06, 10:03 PM
its looking awesome benji :thumb:

edwards15
19-03-06, 10:19 PM
lookin mint mate!

R1CH
19-03-06, 10:32 PM
looking sweet !!
What ever you do don't paint your wheels black !! ;)

Rich

LukeManic
19-03-06, 10:36 PM
mmmm, makes me want to eat her for some reason :roll:

benji
19-03-06, 10:48 PM
looking sweet !!
What ever you do don't paint your wheels black !! ;)

Rich

as soon as the tyres are dead :)

novamadcars
19-03-06, 11:28 PM
is it just my eyes or are the headlights not lined up proplery?

jbowman
19-03-06, 11:36 PM
Very nice, mmmmmm - looks like you mounted the engine in the rear :), how low can you go?

benji
19-03-06, 11:40 PM
is it just my eyes or are the headlights not lined up proplery? the bumper/grill/headlights are all just tiewrapped in at the mo, one of the job's on the 'things to do' list

Adam
19-03-06, 11:49 PM
Really does look great, paint job looks ace in the pics. :)

What engine choices do you have? The t40 1.4 out the car before the rebuild, and the 1600 16v?

novamadman
20-03-06, 12:07 AM
love the colour and the car looks mint

should turn out well

shane

FlatBeatBoy
20-03-06, 02:11 AM
benji this may be a bit cheeky but do you have a corsa sport spoiler on the back of the corsa?

If so and wouldnt mind would you sell it too me? :p since i need one and cant find one locally and cant exactly use paypal for some odd reason.

Car looks lovely as usual hopefully you get it finished soon mate

benji
20-03-06, 06:31 AM
i'm also considering 2.0 16v

jamie gsi16v
20-03-06, 11:55 AM
looks abit more built up since i last saw it mate, keep up the good work, and go for the bog brothers way round things it will be interesting?

peester
21-03-06, 07:57 AM
its all turretted- the back end on that ain't it??
looks ace mate. You know me 'n' white novas - never had one but they're my favs.

benji
21-03-06, 09:01 AM
grrr. it's not white!!!

SRlew
21-03-06, 09:11 AM
^^lol

does look wicked mate. makes me want to turn mine into a track beast like yours!

what did you do with your sr engine?

cheers, lew

RJM25R
21-03-06, 09:14 AM
Looking excellent. Is it white or pale blue???

Jules
21-03-06, 09:27 AM
Looking ace Ben and will look awesome with the black rims ;)

You still got the ABS sensors from the Corsa GSi knocking about?

benji
21-03-06, 10:06 AM
the colour is seat carnica blue. it's still running the 1400 engine at the mo.

jules i have the abs sensors but the car is getting scrapped later this week, i i have time i will try and remove them. where are they??

Stuart
21-03-06, 11:26 AM
should have just laquered the multi colour car up ;) lol

SRimon
21-03-06, 11:36 AM
looks good benji, been a while in the making this one!

Jules
21-03-06, 11:56 AM
the colour is seat carnica blue. it's still running the 1400 engine at the mo.

jules i have the abs sensors but the car is getting scrapped later this week, i i have time i will try and remove them. where are they??

Oh the hubs, pointing at the notched bits on the driveshafts - not sure about the rears but if you have time then I'd appriciate them as my Corsa GSi's ABS is tempremental at the mo :(
Edit: Apparently the rear sensors are in the rear drums :s

krobinson
01-05-06, 04:19 PM
Any more progress mate?

benji
01-05-06, 06:42 PM
funny you should stay that. i've been working on it again today.
i bled the brakes, started hanging my front bumper properly, made some ally door cards and fixed my bonnet lifters. i also got the engine running again and neatened up some wiring.

But on the down side as it's been stood all winter with no windows it has been full of water and there are rusty patches every where, it's only rusty water marks but it still means t-cutting all the interior. the list of jobs left to do is getting shorter but there still plenty to be getting on with, the main things are fitting a new front screen and the getting tracking sorted, and thats going to cost a small fortune as the only place that can do the car at it's current height and with slicks on charge ?35 + vat for the normal tracking + ?15 a side for camber adjustment.

PVS is looming, and another problem i have is that i don't think it will fit on the trailer so i'll also have to make up a set up longer ramps, hope i can rember my pythgoras's therom to get the angles right :)

novanutted
02-05-06, 05:38 PM
the best nova i have ever seen in the world by far

benji
03-05-06, 12:09 AM
lol, not seen many then!!

benji
05-06-06, 05:03 PM
Pvs has been and gone and the car is looking like this now.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/ben1.jpg
almost everything is done. but i still need to find my drivers door lock and make some sliders for the windows. i will proably also refit the heater blowers to get some cool air circulating in the summer. the interior needs a bit of a tidy up as being outside all winter with no windows has not been kind to it.
next on the cards is replacing the doors/bonnert/tailgate with fiberglass items but that will be done as and when they come up cheap. i'll get the alloys powder coated black. i am also going to look into changing the engine sometime soon as i don't think the 1400 does the car justice. i have a baby xe on the drive which is crying out to be dropped in but i will miss the roar of the 40's so the jurys still out on engine choice. if someone offers me good money for the 1400 i will sell it and drop the 1600 xe in, untill then i will keep looking around.

Philsutton
05-06-06, 05:09 PM
looking good, where did you get the pics from? is there a website?

Adam
05-06-06, 05:09 PM
Put the 40s onto the baby valver engine? ;)

Car looks very nice in the pics, nice one.

benji
05-06-06, 05:11 PM
www.blackettphotography.com (http://www.blackettphotography.com).

benji
05-06-06, 05:11 PM
Put the 40s onto the baby valver engine? ;)

Car looks very nice in the pics, nice one.

not that easy. needs the ignition sorting to dothat and it gets expensive. if i do go down that path it will be a slippery and messy one

Adam
05-06-06, 05:13 PM
Use a standalone ignition system, Megasquirt could be an option?

benji
05-06-06, 05:28 PM
been looked into already, long and slippery......