PDA

View Full Version : spot whats wrong

Philsutton
19-03-06, 07:35 PM
ok then see if anyone else can spot whats wrong with this car, i nearly choked i was laughing that much.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Corsa-2-0-turbo-c20let-modified-max-power-OZ-conversion_W0QQitemZ4621743652QQcategoryZ9858QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

mikey14sr
19-03-06, 07:41 PM
Absolutely PMSL, someone took him to the cleaners didn't they!

Jack
19-03-06, 07:41 PM
Errrrmmm is it missing something? lol

Philsutton
19-03-06, 07:44 PM
so what does the turbo actually do, give some serious power to the heaters. Whats the point of a turbo if the boost pipes go no where near the intake pmsl

mikey14sr
19-03-06, 07:46 PM
If you look closer there's another alloy pipe running back to the turbo along the n/s inner wing!
Closed loop turbocharging! If there's a dump valve in there it must be going off almost constantly!

Lee
19-03-06, 07:47 PM
That thing again! It was on there middle of last year, and we were all debating over at PVG wether we should go and view it!

The pics we saw last year showed clearly it has a turbo manifold on there. Then we got lost as to wtf is going on lol

shy witness
19-03-06, 07:50 PM
wots all that about then???????????

strange.........

LUV2XLR8
19-03-06, 07:52 PM
hmmmm i wonder why hes getting rid of it....

''The engine runs fine but smokes. This was going to be my project but a new job means i have a company car and cant afford to run 2 cars. The engine will need some work doing to stop the car from smoking and to allow the turbo to function correctly. ''

and then.....

'' I would reccomend that the car is towed ....''

yep its a fine vesile, its been towed so many times it thinks its a boat.
to be honest its best of in the drink too. :D

mikey14sr
19-03-06, 07:55 PM
The engine when rebuilt should be running at around 220 bhp

I've asked him how much power its currently got, no reply yet

Welsh Dan
For those that don't know, but want to, click here (http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/missing.txt)

Philsutton
the turbo wont function right if you dont connect it up, he must be seriously inbred

Lee
19-03-06, 07:56 PM
hmmmm i wonder why hes getting rid of it....

''The engine runs fine but smokes. This was going to be my project but a new job means i have a company car and cant afford to run 2 cars. The engine will need some work doing to stop the car from smoking and to allow the turbo to function correctly. ''

and then.....

'' I would reccomend that the car is towed ....''

yep its a fine vesile, its been towed so many times it thinks its a boat.
to be honest its best of in the drink too. :D

The fact it smokes aint the problem dude lol.

Lee
19-03-06, 07:58 PM
engine in (C20XE not C20LET), there should be the gubbins in there, and a cover between the engine and windscreen saying turbo on it.

and not a power cap lol lol lol

The thing that worries me is there IS a turbo down there, and where the **** all the boost goes, if any!

mikey14sr
19-03-06, 08:21 PM
This is how the pipework should look
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/dan16v/new220.jpg

R1CH
19-03-06, 08:23 PM
Haha !
saw this on MIG a while ago, supposedly the intercooler is mounted on the bulkhead, pipes are just a loop from the turbo with an intercooler bunged in somewhere inbetween !!!
Looks fast tho !!
lol

Rich

General Baxter
19-03-06, 09:22 PM
ooo is it the steering wheel is upside down lol

Jack
19-03-06, 10:21 PM
ooo is it the steering wheel is upside down lol
Thats actually the first thing I thought of lol

mikey14sr
20-03-06, 09:19 AM
firsst thing I though of was 'OZ conversion'??

RS SHORTIE
20-03-06, 09:42 AM
firsst thing I though of was 'OZ conversion'??

Thats right mate,this very rare conversion was only avalible in the land down under.
Hence why none of us know what the hell is going on lol

Ash C
20-03-06, 10:30 AM
mmmmmm......... what a bungalow.

novadicko
20-03-06, 11:32 AM
shurly it carnt run right can it?
u would of thort if they could put an egine in there they should no how the turbo should b lol

mikey14sr
20-03-06, 08:12 PM
I can't believe its got up to a grand allready!

Lee
20-03-06, 08:53 PM
I was bored so i studied it a bit closer.

That pipe running across the slam panel is actually plumbed into the inlet of the turbo! That got me wondering where the fooking air was coming from, so follow the pipe round to where it goes behind the bulkhead and then re-appears and dips down out of sight.

I bet a fiver the end of that pipe ends up on the turbo outlet lol

Therefore the turbo is just pumping air (and probably oil and a nice quantity of exhaust gas) around a closed system! lol lol No wonder it smokes, bet the turbo is totally shaggeroonied!

Jules
21-03-06, 09:40 AM
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=272671&pid=3489056#pid3489056

More pics of the engine on Corsasport

Intercooler where the washer bottle goes (wtf!?) and no air intake for the turbo - that is one seriously messed up XE-Turbo conversion (Cos that ain't a proper LET!)

mikey14sr
23-03-06, 03:27 PM
They have now added this to the description;

i have recently found out that to get the turbo working properly that the piping will need to be altered to allow the forced induction to work properly. I bought the car as it is with the engine problems as i am not a mechanic i cannot offer an exact description ofwhat the fault is.

We can offer you a description of the fault, They saw you coming didn't they!!

dannyb
23-03-06, 04:42 PM
If its a XE running a turbo, surely the compression ratio will be all wrong?? He doesnt mention changing any internal components. The 'professional fitters' should be named, shamed then made to give head to the guy who invented the Kia pride.