PDA

View Full Version : spax suspention

LUV2XLR8
19-03-06, 12:20 PM
just wondering if spax vsx suspention is any good?
will it take the stresses of landing hard and rough roads?
cheeres :thumb:

General Baxter
19-03-06, 12:21 PM
landing hard? :wtf:

LUV2XLR8
19-03-06, 08:07 PM
jumps, etc general fella

Adam
19-03-06, 08:13 PM
Why?
Are you in the A-team or something?

lol

mikey14sr
19-03-06, 08:32 PM
http://www.generalcarbuncle.com/gifs/pic_genlee.jpg

Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaaalol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Jack
19-03-06, 10:34 PM
Hmm. Are they adjustable? My RSX's weren't too happy with potholes but it was possible to slacken them out a bit and give more suspension travel which I would guess would help with any, erm, hard landings... :confused:

Heh, reminds me of my mate's old 205 which had Koni suspension; he hit a lump in the road once and pushed the strut into the bonnet, making a fetching nipple shaped dent lol

Geth
19-03-06, 11:12 PM
Why?

lol

I think he has a valid question about suspension being able to cope with jumps. In my local area there at least 3 hump back bridges that can launch a car if taken at over 30 even in a more sensible car (and I imagine Bridgend is not unique in this way). When you take into account the fact that most of the guys on here are probably not known for their ability to keep to the speed limit, hard landings from a bit air can be an issue.

LukeManic
19-03-06, 11:30 PM
http://www.generalcarbuncle.com/gifs/pic_genlee.jpg

Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaaalol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

lol LMAO

Adam
19-03-06, 11:54 PM
If i was approaching a hump back bridge, i would seriously think twice about trying to get air off it, and slow right downLol.

On a serious note tho, with my Koni's set on the softest setting, pot holes etc still shake the whole car.
Thats just one thing you have to deal with when you have uprated suspension.

I've heard Spax are a harder ride than some other makes too.

LUV2XLR8
20-03-06, 10:59 AM
its for competition use, not going up and down town at night. its for my road rally car, not a chav mobile. just wonderingif they are made for competition there for will they break after a lane or two?

Stuart
20-03-06, 11:51 AM
Id be more worried about the actual turrets etc as they will take the harder beating than the suspension. You dont want as Jack said "a nipple in the bonnet" from a heavy landing lol.
Im sure a spax kit would take the abuse, granted not for aslong as say Billies or Ledas etc but you get what you pay for i guess.

Iain
20-03-06, 12:29 PM
I have a Spax VSX -40mm kit on my Nova. Harsh ride, slight body roll but handles well IMO (although I have not had anything else to compare them to). :)

LUV2XLR8
20-03-06, 01:40 PM
cewl, well i'll keep my eye out for them, engine bay strut tops are all strengthend in the nova, just the gte shocks have seen better days.

dathers
20-03-06, 09:12 PM
As allready said its the turrets and general chasis you want to worry about,not the dampers.
For rally use you really want to weld in one of the harry hockley strengthening plate kits and stitch weld the whole car at every seam as the factory spot welds are pants,also fit a full 6 point roll cage that connects to the front turrets through the bulkhead,and a strut brace,that will leave you with a very strong and rigid shell.
Also make sure you have NO rust,if you do,repair it properly else it wont be as strong.
There is a book that vauxhall sold years ago on how to prepare a nova to works spec for rallying,its a really good book,maybe get one on ebay.
Dave

LUV2XLR8
21-03-06, 11:09 AM
all done or being done at the mo....
its only for road rallying so the back end im not to worried about, just the front engine bay etc.

Philsutton
21-03-06, 12:25 PM
lol reminds me of a bridge near me, you cant help but try an get serious air on it. That was on coilovers an they held up very well for the abuse i put them through

LUV2XLR8
21-03-06, 07:22 PM
yea, hump back bridges and passes are irresistable, just have to speed up for them.

Philsutton
23-03-06, 02:01 PM
its the same for piss heads an small chlidren as well

LUV2XLR8
23-03-06, 08:00 PM
lol

SRlew
23-03-06, 08:11 PM
Why?

lol

lol LMAO

my brother got a bit of air on a bridge in his first car, 10secs later you just hear the springs go back properly

db_1.2
23-03-06, 08:57 PM
i have spax dampers and springs all round (40mm) i think the front dampers are adjustable (come with car) very hard ride i think if you were to do any jumps or stunts with these the windows would fall out!

Lee
23-03-06, 09:05 PM
I take it you mean PSX not VSX?

LUV2XLR8
24-03-06, 03:55 PM
duno they were on ebay, looking for something else now, may just get cheap and cheerfull new gsi shocks, easy to get replacements then i guess.