PDA

View Full Version : any one tryed this?

nova~norm
19-03-06, 11:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/C20XE-OIL-COOLER-MOD-STOP-THE-OIL-LEAKS-RED-TOP-C20-XE_W0QQitemZ4621095026QQcategoryZ10404QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

does it workdoes it work?does it get rid of oil cooler so the filter basically sitts on the engine?

mowgli
19-03-06, 11:47 AM
just buy a new o ring for the sandwich plate every time you change the oil costs less than a quid

graham kirkbride
19-03-06, 11:47 AM
hi mate i have tried this it works but it means you cannot use a oil cooler it just replaces the oil cooler sandwich plate on the engine so there is just a oil filter no pipes for a oilcooler to be attached it works realy well and dont cause any harm to a standard 20ltr 16v that is a general road car but if its over 170 bhp or a track car or pod sprinter use a oil cooler as the oil will get very hot very quick and you will harm the engine this item can be found on 20ltr 8v cavs i got mine from scrap yard ive put oil cooler on mine now because its 200 bhp and i use it for pod and track not had a problem will leaks from pipes because i bought braided pipe which is very strong also bought quality fittings hope this helps mate:thumb:

Stuart
19-03-06, 11:50 AM
an oil cooler wont help for a pod only car... there isnt enough time to cool the oil down etc.

if you fit a cooler its best to fit an oilstat in too as there is an optimal temp for oil so if you cool it too far then you could damage the engine.

graham kirkbride
19-03-06, 11:53 AM
[quote=Stuart]an oil cooler wont help for a pod only car... there isnt enough time to cool the oil down etc.

yes i agree with stuart fit a oil thermostat and oil temp guage inside car so you can keep an eye on the oil temp:thumb:

nova~norm
19-03-06, 05:57 PM
omg so much work help!