PDA

View Full Version : 20XE Camshaft cover oil breather question...

Rob77
18-03-06, 09:45 AM
On the 20XE, the oil breather pipe goes from the camshaft cover, into the throttle body.

I am planning on buying a Bailey's oil seperator tank, which would mean the breather pipe would then go from cam cover to the Bailey's tank, leaving the throttle body inlet pipe unconnected.

What am I supposed to do with the connection on the throttle body, blank it off somehow?

All help appreciated.

Rob.

graham kirkbride
18-03-06, 01:18 PM
hi mate go on the sbd motorsport website and go to bottom of page click on instructions then go to 20ltr 16v cam cover breather mod at bottom of page and click on it and that shows you how you can do it i think you have to block the holes on the inlet manifold/ throttle body though with a bit of pipe with a bolt or screw in the end tie wraped or better still use a jubilee clip to secure the bolt/screw in the end of the pipe to be able to run a oil catch tank or breather filter hope this helps :thumb:

Rob77
18-03-06, 02:14 PM
Cheers mate!

mikey14sr
18-03-06, 02:50 PM
What am I supposed to do with the connection on the throttle body, blank it off somehow?

Could cut off the tube from the throttle body and weld up the hole, then you'd have an excuse for doing some work to the inside of it to gain a bit more flow?

Rob77
18-03-06, 03:01 PM
Could cut off the tube from the throttle body and weld up the hole, then you'd have an excuse for doing some work to the inside of it to gain a bit more flow?

Probably will just do what Graham said, and use some rubber pipe with a bolt in it, will hopefully be running 48mm webers soon, so its just a temporary bodge!

Thanks though dude!

Rob.

hazaa
18-03-06, 05:51 PM
from the the throttle body to the oil breather goes 3 pipes, can I all remove and make the special filtrem for them??????