PDA

View Full Version : Thai boxing,

orange_andy
17-03-06, 07:41 PM
Thai Boxing not sure whos interested but i remember people talking to me about it earlia, well i been going now for around 3-4 months and LOVE IT!! quality for fitness nothing like it, and unreal for self deffence!! anyone who wants to get fit jack footy and roids in the gym in, Thai Boxing, boxing kick boxing street fighting wrestling (on feet) all rolled into one!! cant beat it

Team Hanuman!!!

Nath
17-03-06, 10:58 PM
ive been into thai boxing for a while now.

love watching it, liam harrison is one awesome fighter

orange_andy
18-03-06, 12:05 PM
i dont watch it :( all started about 2 year ago i watched K1 here and there got interested in that, then UFC which is just awsome to watch, so me n mate decided to try thai and love it,

orange_andy
18-03-06, 12:06 PM
the guy who coaches us was a national champion so its all good, have you done any fights yet ?

slammed saloon
18-03-06, 03:49 PM
i been doin serious weight trainin for bout 4 months now and never touched gear so who says every1 at the gym is on roids then?

orange_andy
18-03-06, 04:14 PM
did i say "everyone was on roids" it was a figure of speach with the footy, just saying how much better it is for fitness

if you aint good for you but i still stick to my comment of not alot will beat thai for fitness as you use every muscle in your body and brain, thats all i meant by it son,

slammed saloon
18-03-06, 04:16 PM
ok mate sorry for goin off on one bt people get associated with roids cuz they do body buildin n it aint every1 just a stoopid few hu are cheatin n bein lazy by usin chemicals to do wat you would have to work for without. ive heard its good for fitness few of ma mates do it.

SuperNova!
19-03-06, 01:11 AM
Ohh you have been training in the gym for 4 months have you, thats barely enough time to get warmed in and into the routine :roll: .

slammed saloon
19-03-06, 10:08 AM
yea in the GYM for four months been trainin for bout a year and it all depends on what sort of work your doin and how often you go doesnt it

SuperNova!
19-03-06, 11:23 AM
Yeah it does depend on what sort of gym training but I was assuming Heavy weight training which realy cannot be rushed if you try to rush and put too much strain on your body before it adapts properly for lifting weights all it will result in is injury after injury.

How ofter you train is not realy that important people think that if they train every day that they will see the best gains but they are incorrect due to the fact that after every training session your body needs time to recover due to the aim of weight training is to break down muscle fibres to make new thicker and stronger ones in their place which takes time, rest and a good diet are the most important.

For the first 3-6months you will see great gains but after the 6 months the hard work will start!

I wasnt trying to be funny its just 4 months is not very long but keep at it :)

slammed saloon
19-03-06, 11:25 AM
some one did a level p.elol

SuperNova!
19-03-06, 11:56 AM
No, not even a gcse in PE just what I have learned through weight training ;)

slammed saloon
19-03-06, 11:57 AM
pmsl how long u been trainin for then bud? wat u benchin? n wat weight category u in?

SuperNova!
19-03-06, 12:05 PM
About 2 years but I have been out of training for a month because I injured my shoulder and f**k me it hurts getting better now though so I am going to get back Monday.

I started off benching 35kgs on the smith machine in sets

Now I do about 80kgs in 3 sets 9 reps 8 reps 5-6 reps proably max at 100

Soulder press about 60 kgs behind kneck

Lat pull down 85kgs

But it all isnt down to heavy weight its largely due to good Form too.

I weigh about 12 stone

slammed saloon
19-03-06, 12:07 PM
not bad mate yea i agree its all about technique. is that on a bench with a bar or on a machine? i weigh ten stone been trainin for 4 months at gym n im benchin 40kg for 15reps 50kg for 7 reps n 60kg for 1

SuperNova!
19-03-06, 04:39 PM
On a smith machine (bench and a bar connected at the sides) mate not one of those useless sit down crappy things.

Good keep it going 15 reps seems a little too much as you have been training for 4 months you could cut down the reps and increase the weight to gain mass higher reps is more for cutting less reps and higher weight is for mass building.

try doing 1 set of 10, 1 of 8 and 1 of 6

slammed saloon
19-03-06, 07:15 PM
ok bud cheers for the advice gd to meet sum1 else hu likes weight trainin too most people see it as a waste of time cuz u gota work so hard for it

novadicko
21-03-06, 01:47 PM
i dont mind weight trainin just havin time got boxin mon,wed,fri i weight 13 n half stone bout 5,9 but after started boxin feel well fitter.
ant bin for while cos broke me arm an finger in car crash:cry: so shud be back next mounth:thumb: