PDA

View Full Version : Xenon / Neon

Anonymous
21-12-01, 01:36 PM
Under the car?? Legal???

let me know and ian, dont be gay and delete this message, im gonname it so u cant bann me, i just want an answer :P

Anonymous
21-12-01, 02:51 PM
illegal mate, only meant for shows etc as it says on the box...

Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s

Anonymous
21-12-01, 03:08 PM
Ive Heard conflicting things here.
One person i know looked into this and was pulled for it. They said it was illegal and he got them to check their little book.
Apparently you can have any color lights on your car as long as
a)they are not red
b)they do not flash
c) you cannot actually see the bulb-just the light from it (if you get what i mean)
They looked in their book and this was confirmed so they apologised and let him go.

This is due to a recent law change im told.
Dunno how accurate this is.

Anonymous
21-12-01, 05:31 PM
u can have reds on the back as long as they are wired into your brake lights, as then they are just classed as extra brakelights. as long as they comply with safety regs (i.e. putting a glass tube on your bonnet would shred a pedestrian should the unthinkable happen) u can drive about with em

just not turned on

they are for 'show use' only i.e. only switch em on when u get to cruise and not driving about

make yer choice

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
21-12-01, 06:31 PM
I was told you can have undercar neons on only when the car isnt moving, si stick them on at traffic lights and off when you move.

Anonymous
22-12-01, 02:16 PM
I have seen a couple of cars "cruising" around the tiny one way system in rotherham that have bright blue neons under the cars.
They have the bulbs mounted underneath behind the sideskirts somewhere, looks mint.
THey drive past a police station, and the cops on patrol have stopped em regularly about all sorts of stuff so i wouldn't have thought they were illegal or they would have been forced to remove them by now surely.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
22-12-01, 02:17 PM
I think you just cant have visible bulbs, or bulbs in a place where they could cause extra injury to a pedestrian in an accident.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
22-12-01, 10:17 PM
wire them up to your handbrake switch then they'll only be on when you car ain't moving

Anonymous
23-12-01, 01:29 PM
or come on when you do a handbrake turn. mint

Anonymous
23-12-01, 02:45 PM
sad lol.

i think someone has been watching too much fast and the furious!

Anonymous
23-12-01, 05:20 PM
they are legal to have on, the only colour that could cause problems is blue, as techinically it could be called 'impersonating a police car'

the 'not street legal' bit on the box is a disclaimer. under car neons are not illegal.

:D there never gonna fit, or are they??:D

Anonymous
17-01-02, 01:19 PM
lol u fit them then lancy!!

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net