PDA

View Full Version : Nova Heated Front Windscreen Group Buy

Phil GTE
14-03-06, 06:27 PM
Hi,

Am trying to arrange a group buy for heated front screens. Please follow the link to Mig and add your name to list if interested.

Thanks,

Phil

http://www.migweb.co.uk/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=935

All,

I have been in contact with Uroglass. Although they have stopped producing this item, they are willing to do a batch run of 10.

All prices are including VAT, prices given to me by Uroglass (my price will be the same as yours)
?123.38 ? Screen
?23.50 - Postage

?146.88 ? Total

Although this only a ?15 saving on the list price, do remember this item isn?t available anymore ? so to get any made is good progress. Also remember this is close to ?100 cheaper than the HH equivalent.

How to pay

Add your name to the list below and PM me for payment details. Once we have reached 5 names I will start collecting payment. Payment will be made by cheque. The cheque will be made payable to Uroglass but sent to me. I will hold the cheques until all 10 are received and then forward to Uroglass. It may sound long winded but it will guarantee the 10 purchases required.
Uroglass do not cash the cheque until the glass arrives. Delivery is normally 8-10 weeks from receipt of order (or cheques in this case).

Should we reach more than 10, I will contact Uroglass, ensuring they will produce further units.

Please post, PM any questions,

Thanks,
Phil

General Baxter
14-03-06, 10:21 PM
how well do these work? do they just wire into your rear swtich?

Phil GTE
14-03-06, 11:34 PM
There is a wiring diagram on Mig (cant find atm)

they just wire into a relay and work quite well - lee303 on Mig is running one.

Big_Chap
16-03-06, 06:21 PM
up for this

Phil GTE
28-03-06, 03:03 PM
TTT

5 more people required...............

graham kirkbride
28-03-06, 04:08 PM
what is the point in a heated front screen i mean the advantages as i might be interested and are they mot legal:thumb:

mikey14sr
28-03-06, 05:50 PM
You can remove all the heater gubbins and still be able to see, a lot of modern rep-mobiles have them because they de-mist the screen so much quicker.

I wish I could afford one, but at the moment things are just too tight.

Phil GTE
28-03-06, 11:30 PM
thats right,

Screen demist (quick clear on some Fords), as with the rear screen the are elements running through the screen to de-mist on the switch of a button.

Very handy for the rally Novas not running a heater matrix/fan and for anyone wanting a lux model.

Phil GTE
04-04-06, 10:21 AM
4 more people needed.

General Baxter
04-04-06, 10:37 AM
you have a pm! :D
need less weight, my go on a diet first lol

speede
06-04-06, 05:59 PM
I'm wanting in but can't log on to mig due to the site havin software upgrade.

Phil GTE
06-04-06, 07:26 PM
Will add you to the mig thread once its back on line.

Thanks.

raj
06-04-06, 09:15 PM
ive added my name. i done a group buy once and nobody informed me when the purchase is, Phil will you let me know if this is going ahead? i have added my name to the list. thanks

Phil GTE
09-04-06, 01:17 AM
Have updated the Mig thread.

2 places left. Hopefully, I'll be asking for the cheques quite soon.

Phil

Phil GTE
18-04-06, 07:22 PM
Updated in to a new thread

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/items-sale/260653-nova-heated-windscreen-group-buy.html#post2730049

Phil GTE
02-05-06, 03:33 PM
Still waiting for cheques from Raj and General Baxter

Although we have reached 10, theres still space for others.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil GTE
19-06-06, 09:56 PM
OK, update time.

We have a total of 6 cheques. Sadly we had over a dozen people want the screen but don't seem to want pay for them.

So we have cheques from

1. Phil GTE
2. Elgan
6. speede (Novaload)
9. rallyman

Also have cheques from

Ryan Davies
Mark Williamson

Ryan and Mark - can you PM over your user names? Not sure who you are. As a security measure, can you tell me the name of the cheque signee? Thanks.

This means we have 4 spaces left. Who wants a heated screen in time for winter?

Thanks Phil

Phil GTE
30-06-06, 01:25 PM
Btt

Phil GTE
20-07-06, 11:21 AM
Still need 4 more - it might be hot now, but this is an essential mod for the winter

Big_Chap
03-08-06, 06:27 PM
whats the latest with this? tbh i'm starting to lose interest in this, my car is going in to be painted and want to replace the screen at the same time, when will these be ready even if we have the numbers by the end of august?

Phil GTE
01-10-06, 11:10 PM
Hi All,
Sorry the slow reply. I would say heated's deal is too good to pass up. It seems unlikely we will ever the full 10 required for the group. I'm sure you will agree that paying an extra ?12 for getting one (rather than the promise of a group buy) is the best option.
Please place your orders with heated. Any cheques received will be destroyed (not that I could cash Uroglass).
Hope this resolves the issue. Sorry I couldn't sort anything out for you guys.

Phil