PDA

View Full Version : do i carry on or do i get rid??plz vote as ive had enough of this god damn car

projectcoshanova
14-03-06, 04:52 PM
hi there i own a vauxhall nova 1.2 1989 ive been at this car now for several months on end and ive only just started to realise that there is holes that cannot be sometimes found well ive found one and its under my battery tray and in part of the bulkhead here is the pic>>>
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/projectcoshanova/1aa156f5.jpg

as u can probably see the hole is quite large but not that large and not that rustied thank god but what do u think ??? should i carry on repairing it or should i sell bits on and therefore look for another car concidering this one has cost me around nearly ?500 allready and it aint even hit the road yet lol so plz let me know what u think and leave fix or not fix below your thoughts thanx....... dal

novamadman
14-03-06, 05:11 PM
dont look to good. try and get your money back and if u want a nova use the money to buy a cleaner shell and go from there.
shane

jbowman
14-03-06, 05:17 PM
Whats the rest of the car like? Are there pretty much rust spots every where you look? or is that the only bad bit?
To be honest it comes with the teritory of owning an old car, without seeing more pictures I would break it or use it as spares & start afresh with another.
Its issues like this that tests your faith in owning a Nova.

craig green
14-03-06, 06:08 PM
The back end of my GSi is rotten as fook. It really upsets me as I bought a banger Nova on ebay for ?260 & there isnt any rot on it apart from the doors being shot.

Dosent seem right after sinking over ?12k into the other one!

LUV2XLR8
14-03-06, 06:30 PM
id buy one thats un rotten, my first nova was rotten, didnt knwo it until i started work on it, at least you now know where to look on another nova when buying ;)

projectcoshanova
14-03-06, 06:50 PM
:cool: thanx guys jbowman yes had back boot corners welded and also side sills have been done.... now only this hole u see in the picture apart from little holes that can be sorted..just that the qoute i got for it to cover it was 150 and that would bring the body repair up to nearly 300 pound so still half minded wether to get rid but then again would leave a hole in my car and my pocket if i do lol this car is in the sale part with modified vauxhall nova 1989 due to problems take a look at them pics

Welsh Dan
14-03-06, 06:52 PM
If you've allready spent ?500 ish on the car, you're unlikely to get all of that back by selling it, so I'd get it repaired, and use the car for the purpose you bought it :)

projectcoshanova
14-03-06, 06:53 PM
save save save then thanx for the help

jbowman
14-03-06, 07:01 PM
If thats the only bad part of the car and the rest is up to standards and all together already, I'd get it done - but get some quotes from other places too.

Barn
15-03-06, 12:30 AM
I had a nova that had been owned by a granny from new (see 'lowest mileage novas' thread for pic) and had only done 34,000 miles from new. you'd think everything was mint, was it b*llocks. when I came to selling it I had it up on a ramp and even then you could see the rust starting to take hold under the boot floor, rear chassis by the towing point etc

at the end of the day, its a nova, its gunnna be rusted somewhere. unless you've got one like keith r with stupid low miles on the clock but then he's probably afraid to touch the thing. personally, I would just weld the battery tray up (as they commonly go there anyway) and finish it. you could buy another nova with rust in different places to the one you have now and then you'll be back to square one. I've had a few nova's now and they have all had different combinations of where he rust has been, lol

Barn
15-03-06, 12:31 AM
oops, posted twice lol

MSA
15-03-06, 11:20 AM
Oh ****...looks quite bad...i had same kind of problems with my car too.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/kikuju/Hapanetuaisa.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/kikuju/Etuaisa.jpg

If you can do it by yourself or with help of friends...i say do it, but if you have to take it to shop it can cost a fortune...

projectcoshanova
15-03-06, 11:26 AM
:roll: ok thanx very much yours looks rather worst than mine is.... concidering uve had to have your drivers side taken off but luckily may have some people who could replace it with some cover plates but thanx for showing pics :thumb:

Iain
15-03-06, 11:54 AM
I ponder the "carry on or get rid" question every day. My first car, has plenty of rust, only decent panel is the tailgate to be honest. I haven't spent much money on it which can't be "reshelled" though so think I'm gonna find a new one. :)

shy witness
15-03-06, 05:52 PM
i wouldnt be scared of a bit of welding myself..

i'd a fair bit to do to my own 1 wheni woz building it........and i've just bought another 'banger' nova that needs a quite a bit aswell..including a wee bit in the battery tray..

the problem is(as someone said) that these wee cars r becoming oder and rarer(especially here in northern ireland) so outa the 1's that r left you need 2 b expected do a we bit of weldin and wotever

coz the most of them ...if theyve any sorta millage on them at all and have been driven at all.will have rust somewhere:cry:

projectcoshanova
15-03-06, 06:00 PM
car is for sale guys had enough of tryin to look around for welders etc so if intrested in buying it its up for 200 ono stands me in 500 but quick sale price is reasonable for whats on it and how much it cost me im contactable at lollyslover26@ntlworld.com <click address to get correct one> i know this is not a sale forum but just lettin people know that is up for sale cheers dal