PDA

View Full Version : stupid question for all you budding icers

antty989898
14-03-06, 08:27 AM
ok i have a very nice outlay for a boot build made in the back of my nova and am wondering 2 things 1)how do you conect more then one sub in your car do u branch off the existing wiring kit or just add more to the battery ect and 2)would i need a power cap for a 1200w vibe black air 10" and 2 other vibe subs??? on a standard battery

ginga_ninja990
14-03-06, 09:05 AM
a power cap will help your install anyway, i suggest puttin one in and as for the sub, bridge ur amp so the subs puttin out its RMS. thisll b the best setup 4 ya. i think ull need more than one sub like coz ur tlkin bout runnin quit a big install. u shud b wiring ur speakers to ur amp too.

antty989898
14-03-06, 10:21 AM
i am very new 2 ice and i dont know the term bridging............ (sorry) also does it matter that my sub is a built in jobby as i cant get anything under the amp

bump
14-03-06, 10:41 AM
antty989898, you'll need to work out your amps toat current draw then use cabling slightly larger than that to run from the battery. Feed this into a power cap then take the power out the other side into the +ve on the amps. Run the ground to a distrobution block the earth it to the body. Run the power down the passenger side as there is existing wiring down there that will interfear with your signal. then run your RCA leads from the head unit down the drivers side.

A bridgeable amp allows you to run multiple channels into one output. so if you have an ap that is 100w per channel,by bridging it you get 200 w running into your sub.

Cheers

Bump

Jack
14-03-06, 06:20 PM
1)how do you conect more then one sub in your car do u branch off the existing wiring kit or just add more to the battery ect
Depends on how the sub and amp can be wired.

2)would i need a power cap for a 1200w vibe black air 10" and 2 other vibe subs??? on a standard battery
With three subs a power cap would be a good idea, or how about a second battery?