PDA

View Full Version : Scuttle Panel

Tazzy
14-03-06, 03:27 AM
anyone ever flushed/smoothed this? was thinking about having it done, but then thought about ventilation to the heater system, plus how much work it would take to do, so not sure whether i want it done or not, whats your opinions?

cheerz!

burgo
14-03-06, 09:35 AM
ive seen it done a couple of times and love the look. how hard all depends how you do it. there is the fillin it option or the cutting out and replacing with new metal option. the first is probably the easiest and cheapest but in my opinion not the best so it all depends how much you want to spend

Tazzy
14-03-06, 07:38 PM
well was just thinking of angle grinding the strips out and welding a plate in place, think i need to talk to the guy at the bodyshop to see if he can do it, can you find any pics of it already done?

cheerz!

burgo
15-03-06, 09:42 PM
that is in my opinion the best way of doing it

graham kirkbride
18-03-06, 11:22 AM
hi mate i have had it done but left 10 louvers either side of the middle wiper for ventilation to the heater i had a plate welded underneath the louvers i did not want and then smoothed the top you can have them all smoothed but i wanted some left either side and yes it looks realy good :thumb: hope this helps sorry mate no pics

ade
18-03-06, 05:15 PM
I saw a british racing green nova with this at trax a few yrs back - unfortunately the filler had sunk so you could see the vents (it cracked) - so make sure you do it properly.

As for ventilation, cust a circle on both sides of the wall between the engine and battery (forget whats its called) and thread some venting tubes through it (big long bendy silver ones) - then aim them at the grill at the front - will soon get a decent supply of air...

cheshiresport
18-03-06, 06:43 PM
I smoothed my scuttle panel on my old peppermint green nova. I only did it by filling the gaps with fibreglass paste and yes it sunk a little, but it did look top when first done, if done properly a cool mod. Go for it