PDA

View Full Version : white smoke/ water from exhaust

db_1.2
13-03-06, 07:17 PM
as title, when i started the car about 10 mins ago a lot of water came out the exhuast (its been stood for a while mind), but it usualy has some white smoke coming out of it, i think it may be the head gasket but it doesnt seem to be lossing any compression. any ideas?:confused::(

Adam
13-03-06, 11:59 PM
Sounds normal.
Especially as its been standing.

jbowman
14-03-06, 12:14 AM
They all do that in the cold months but if its continuous even after a long drive the gasket probably has a head gasket leak, I had the same problem when a head bolt broke and water constantly dripped from the exhaust.

projectcoshanova
14-03-06, 12:21 AM
:roll: i havent driven my nova yet but now im selling it but this is probably the last message ill ever leave a reply.......my head gaskets gone and yes its the condensation from where its been standing and yes the waters from inside the engine and then spluttered out the back when u rev it or drive it.so its ya head gasket about to go probably

orange_andy
14-03-06, 11:54 AM
all the best projectcoshanova!

LUV2XLR8
14-03-06, 12:57 PM
hapeend to a mates engine the other day, head gasket went and a hose at the back of the engine split lost all water! had to tow him over 40 miles back home :(