PDA

View Full Version : nova 1.6 carb oil surging help !!!

luke1.4sr
13-03-06, 06:44 PM
when i go round corners in my nova 1.6 converted to carb it oil surges like mad.:mad:

ive got a 1.6 nova merit which i have converted to carb, i used a 1.2 nova camshaft casing so i could put a mechanical fuel on it,a 1.4 breathing unit(which is where i think i went wrong)carb inlet and carb.

the 1.6 gte engine is the one mine was but what i didnt relise is that the 1.6 camshaft casing itself has a hole 4 a single pipe which i took off and relaced it for a breathing unit. so when the oil surges it would normaly go in the camshaft casing but as i changed it for a 1.2 one it doesnt have one so the oil is goin up the breather and into the carb.

what do lot think i need your help.cheers:thumb:

Adam
13-03-06, 06:53 PM
Hmm.
How have you got a square port 1.4 inlet on a round port 1.6 head?

If it had a breather on the rocker cover, then it has a different breather system than 1.2/1.3/1.4 nova carb engines

Stuart
13-03-06, 08:48 PM
how do you know the oil is surging?? is the pressure light coming on mid corner etc?

luke1.4sr
14-03-06, 12:17 AM
i put a coke bottle on the the end of the breather hose and took it round a corner checked it again and it was full up.

the inlet was off astra mk2 which has oval ports which is working fine , ive got a 1.6 cav carb and fuel pump which is on the inlet.

Adam
14-03-06, 12:28 AM
So, the engine was originally a 1.6 gte?
With a breather connection on the rocker and cam carrier?