PDA

View Full Version : Need help with '79 Nova

disco79
13-03-06, 02:02 AM
Hi,

I've got this old '79 nova 2 door. It has a v8 engine (I believe it's areconditioned 327) anyways, I've got some issues with exhaust leaks and a battery that doesn't hold charge. However, my main question is about a round black plastic sphere with some mounting ears that was laying on the back of the motor. It has 2 hoses (appear to be vaccum connections), the larger hose is still attached to some part of the intake/carb but the other hose (a smaller diameter one) broke off of separated from wherever it was attached. Will this cause problems with starting or running the car? Where does that little hose hook up to? And what exactly is this sphere? What does it do?

Thanks

disco79
13-03-06, 05:04 AM
Anybody???

Stuart
13-03-06, 08:15 AM
erm bar one or two users who know about "other novas" i belive you have the wrong forum lol.

You obviously have an american V8 Chevvy Nova.. this site is for vauxhall novas and Opel Corsa A's. Im affraid most on here wont be able to help. Sorry

mikey14sr
13-03-06, 12:27 PM
just what i was thinking there stuart!

disco79
13-03-06, 02:51 PM
My bad.... I thought this was a forum for the old Novas.... Can any of you direct me to the appropriate forum?

Thanks

Welsh Dan
13-03-06, 04:19 PM
A quick google yielded this (http://www.musclecarclub.com/boards/).

Philsutton
13-03-06, 06:28 PM
ah someone that actually has some decent taste in cars, although i will say that like the older novas better i.e late 60's early 70s