PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Rob Cox A.K.A Courtneynova Tragedy

mikeoxford
11-03-06, 10:51 PM
Good Evening All.

Rob Cox had a pristinely clean Jet Black Mk2 Nova SR.

He was around Novaload about the same time I have been, a good 12 months ago and for a long period of time prior.

It is with deepest regret i have to report here to anyone whom may have known him, tragically he died on Thursday 9th March 2006 in a known blackspot in Birmingham. A motorcyclist died at the same scene 3 days previously.

I don't know much information about the car accident, or any arrangements for a funeral, but having talked to his parents I have posted here and if I find out any more information about a funeral I will post here if anyone wishes to pay their respects.

Robs Nova was written off about 18 months ago by a woman reversing off a drive and he bought a New Fiesta, then after about 12 months he upgraded to an ST Fiesta with his passion for "hot hatches" hence leaving the nova scene and only posting on novalod every so often; i know he frequents an ST owners forums somewhere - im yet to find - if anyone has any information? I know whilst he wasn't a regular poster in recent times, he frequently watched what others were upto.

Maybe not a lot of you knew Rob, but i'm sure you noticed his "Courtneynova" login name appear in places. Only a few of you Midland members may have met him, he had been to a couple of the Milton Keynes meets with us that Jim used to organise. Whether you knew Rob or not, he was always around in the background. Rob could always be relied upon and often got me out the brown stuff where my Nova was concerned. His mechanical knowledge and technical knowledge were second to none, he was an extremely bright lad and had experience at Cosworth and Farndon Engineering to name a couple of places.

Life deals some sh!t cards and Rob certainly didn't deserve one.

There were another two passengers in the car, Robs friends from the local Warstock area.

My deepest sympathies go to his parents and sister Cheryl, who also used to post on here occasionaly.

Best Regards to all of you, and more importantly, let our thoughts be with Rob.

Cheers guys.
Mike

LukeManic
11-03-06, 11:53 PM
I'm really sorry to here this, I didn't know Rob but my sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

mikeoxford
12-03-06, 01:42 AM
I didn't apreciate there was a thread already started at: http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60503

I'm sorry i didn't think to look before I posted im too gutted.

Brodie_Sri
12-03-06, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear of this tragedy.. yet another young life taken so tragically... Mike if your interested Rob was a member of www.fiestastoc.com (http://www.fiestastoc.com) under the user name R5_FVN were he was very well loved and was a technical adviser. The site is aware of his death as they have been in contact with his mum.

Crazybird st

Primie.uk
12-03-06, 08:30 PM
My sympathy goes out to his Family & Friends.

TommySR
12-03-06, 08:59 PM
again... sympathy goes out to everyone involved :(

srs1
12-03-06, 09:31 PM
grim news to hear.

may he rest in peace

c20tbo
12-03-06, 11:37 PM
R.i.p

nova-sr
13-03-06, 12:27 PM
R.i.p

marruss
13-03-06, 09:59 PM
AS per other post, Im gonna miss you buddy....

Mark