PDA

View Full Version : mvaux turbo kit?

Nath
10-03-06, 02:08 PM
anyone used it? worth paying the ?600? and what else needs to be done to the engine? as i carnt see it just bolting on. seriously looking into this unless someone could help me build a 1.6 turbo for cheaper?

beavy69
04-07-06, 03:32 PM
I'm considering the same. There's loads of mvaux posts on mig you can av a look at. I havn't had time to look properly yet.

I believe they are bolt on with instructions. Make sure you get the engine managment thing (at the bottom of the list of stuff) or as I will be look into, doing your own megasquirt.

Does anyone know if you def need a laptop or can you get longer cables to go to car from norm PC?

Adam
04-07-06, 03:37 PM
According to the site they just bolt on.
BUT, your trusting a fuel regulator to get the fueling right when on boost.

It would be a lot better with mappable management.

IIRC, Craig Green's old 1.6 turbo engine had just a two stage fuel pressure regulator(like in mvaux kit) and it worked fine.

db_1.2
04-07-06, 03:39 PM
Yeh, i was only looking at that post about the mvaux turbo kit on mig last night, i think ill do this also as my car will be going to just novas soon hopefully (if they still do it) for the c16se to be put in

Stoo
04-07-06, 04:43 PM
Im seriously considering uprating the LETs Turbo with the 350bhp turbo!

Gonna run with the 2 stage FPR til i cna afford management!

Effing good prices too!!

Austin_Nova16
04-07-06, 04:51 PM
beavy69 - As for hooking up your home pc to your car.....
this would be a waste of time....you need the car under load...meaning it would have to be moving...

Much better off having mapping done by someone in the know. You should have a wide band lamba sensor ....and its much easier to to fill all the load sites on a rolling road where you can adjust the load at whatever you want.

Don't get me wrong...mappping on the road is all well and good if you know what your up to...but its certainly easier on the rollers...

As for the mvaux kits, a number of people on mig seem happy enough with them....I may look into it at somepoint in the future....better than spending thousands in the UK!
1.6turbo would probably be sufficient with a 5th injector.... or that 2 stage FPR (iirc, every 0.5bar increase in fuel pressure is 30% more fuel....)

chimp007_uk
04-07-06, 04:53 PM
surely the compression ratios needed to be lowered before bolting the mvaux kit on... otherwise it's only going to be able to run low low boost without the risk of blowing rings or the engine.

craig green
04-07-06, 04:55 PM
I'm about to start sourcing the bits & kit for a 2.0 8v turbo using Mvaux bits.

Only nightmare Ive heard of is that a manifold needed a skim where it mates to the head.. I'll do that anyhow & bear it in mind. I'm not afraid of the 2 stage FPR, so long as its set a little rich (for road use) it shouldnt cause any worries, good fuel pump & injectors is the key.

Probably try DTA or Autronic for management.

Like to know where the kits come from for ?600 aswell. Thought it was a grand(ish)...?

Austin_Nova16
04-07-06, 04:56 PM
He sells pistons cheap aswell....or give it the old classic 2 headgaskets..

There is a geeza on ebay that knocks them out nearer a grand...

Think I'd go omex...and with the 710, you've even got options for traction control, progressive nitrous controller, anti lag, etc etc etc (not that you would need it on a 1.6T)... A lower spec ECU would easily do though....

Stoo
04-07-06, 04:57 PM
Theyre posted over from brazli IIRC

craig green
04-07-06, 05:14 PM
Theyre posted over from brazli IIRC

Yeah its 900 odd quid before postage & taxes etc

Stoo
04-07-06, 05:26 PM
Woah no its not!! Its about ?750 all in!

Cheeze
04-07-06, 11:10 PM
Im gonna be doing the conversion soon, running the courtney manifold with a garret T25, fmic and a full rebuild, management will be done with and emerald ecu, also have a spare 2mm spacer plate thats for sale, pm me if you interested

beavy69
05-07-06, 11:07 AM
surely the compression ratios needed to be lowered before bolting the mvaux kit on... otherwise it's only going to be able to run low low boost without the risk of blowing rings or the engine.

Thats why I'm going for 1.6GTE head on my 1.3 block. Should be able to whack up the boost bit more:thumb:

Woah no its not!! Its about ?750 all in!

I think the 1.6 kit's cheaper again (?600?)

Stuart
05-07-06, 11:48 AM
this is what i am planning for a 1.2 turbo.... and is easily implementable for a 1.3/1.4

1.6 gte/gsi head (check the head volumes to calc the CR)
1.6 mpi inlet+injectors etc (no afm)
1.6 turbo exhaust (mvaux)
Turbo...
coolant/oil feeds as nessecary
bottom end freshen up
maybe ceramic coat the pistons (and notch for the bigger valves if need be)
a nicely ground cam with minimal overlap at tdc (catcams)

and megasquirt to run the lot.

plus the usual arp rod bolts, deseamed rods etc.

Mike
05-07-06, 12:01 PM
But why a 1.2 Turbo? Although i suppose 80/90bhp (give or take) in a car of the 1.2's weight will be a right screamer!

Just found this with a quick google search though:

http://www.opel-voting.de/opel-forum/teileverkauf/7346-turbos-kits-opel-cars-kadett-vectra-ascona-astra-corsa-935-euros-delivered.html

Stuart
05-07-06, 12:52 PM
lol @80/90bhp...... im gunning at 100bhp with N/a tuning ;) there is no reason why you cant hit 150bhp with a 1200 imho. but meh.

Mike
05-07-06, 01:11 PM
lol @80/90bhp...... im gunning at 100bhp with N/a tuning ;) there is no reason why you cant hit 150bhp with a 1200 imho. but meh.

Man that engines so gonna pop! lol But fook me its gonna be fast as fook and accerlerate so fooking fast!!! :D

craig green
05-07-06, 01:13 PM
No reason why it should pop. All the small blocks are as tough as each other really. Stu is fitting the ARP's & deseaming the Rods so it ought to be fine.

Look forward to the results......... (long wait)

Mike
05-07-06, 01:15 PM
No reason why it should pop. All the small blocks are as tough as each other really. Stu is fitting the ARP's & deseaming the Rods so it ought to be fine.

Look forward to the results......... (long wait)

Should stand a fair chance of staying in one peice then as oppose to spraying its guts across the street! lol

craig green
05-07-06, 01:18 PM
sprayin its guts?

So long as the lump is put together nicely, worst case scenario would be holed pistons due to poor fuelling.

There was a sleeved down 1.2 ohc (1.0) running a turbocharger pushing out 150bhp once upon a time. Ive got a small pic somewhere, dosent give much away tho, except an air intake down below the headlamp.

Mike
05-07-06, 01:36 PM
sprayin its guts?

So long as the lump is put together nicely, worst case scenario would be holed pistons due to poor fuelling.

There was a sleeved down 1.2 ohc (1.0) running a turbocharger pushing out 150bhp once upon a time. Ive got a small pic somewhere, dosent give much away tho, except an air intake down below the headlamp.

No was just the phrase like, as in gernerally exploding.

Air intake below the light? I've got a proper replacement headlight and indicator that i use for an airvent :thumb: all hand made! ;)

Stuart
05-07-06, 03:48 PM
oh tis gonna be a long wait.i cba to rush lol.
the slieved 1.2 was quite cool... esp as its able to rev its nuts off and put good power out :D
id envisage the kind of turbo to get 150-200bhp on the 1200 would be moderately laggy thus a splash of nitrous could be usefull lol

Mike
05-07-06, 03:51 PM
the slieved 1.2 was quite cool... esp as its able to rev its nuts off and put good power out :D
id envisage the kind of turbo to get 150-200bhp on the 1200 would be moderately laggy thus a splash of nitrous could be usefull lol

Crazy, crazy people! Thats gonna be such an ace car when its done though!

Gotta give it to you Stu, your gonna have a right handful of a car there! :)

Adam
05-07-06, 06:09 PM

Whens this happening then? Cant wait to see a 1.2turbo.

150bhp from a 1.2 would turn a few heads indeed lol

Stuart
05-07-06, 06:33 PM
once the N/A has run and eaten itself ill start on the turbo

beavy69
05-07-06, 10:19 PM
Ditto Stu. You will prob finish before me as I have alot of saving wedge to do lol I was also going to look into NOS. Prob make my own. Yes; check this out:

http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/nitrous-kit-information.htm

Maybe an ETS Generation2 as a lightweight way to aid lag?

Stuart
05-07-06, 10:27 PM
imho i wouldnt do a fully DIY NITROUS (NOS is a brand name lol) kit.. its far too dangerous for my liking

Mike
06-07-06, 09:35 AM
DIY NOS? Fook that! At least if on off the shelf kit goes wrong or explodes you can blame or sue some else lol lol

craig green
06-07-06, 09:45 AM
Looked on the Mvaux site last night. I'm sure the prices have come down.

All good. :thumb:

Would be interesting to see the kit for a mk3 Golf GTI installed too.

Ive got the cash for 2.0 NE kit & pistons, just need to source an engine. Guess I need to look out for a low mileage, late Cav 8v.

beavy69
06-07-06, 04:41 PM
That guys been doing DIY NOS fo ages and if you read it he actually explains some very plausable FLAWS with some of the stuff from big names like NOS and Wizards of noz. If you got time it makes an interesting read. Plus its cheaper and more satifying so i'm not gonna write it off yet.

Stuart
06-07-06, 04:51 PM
i read a site a while ago where the guy nearly killed himself lmao....

its NITROUS ffs

beavy69
06-07-06, 07:24 PM
Dumb ass probably left some in his inlet manifold after testing and tried to start the engine. BANG!

At the end of the day there isn't much more involved than when fitting a normal nos kit together. You have just made/modded some of the components.

Testing for the first time is the most dangerous bit. But as longs as you have checked everything and follow the instructions safely its fine.

I will certainly be tripple checking everything at every stage, if and when I get around to it. You actually end up with a more reliable system.

Stuart
06-07-06, 09:24 PM
N I T R O U S

:wall:

Adam
07-07-06, 12:09 AM
lol

hendrix
07-07-06, 09:38 AM
wonder how the c20xe kit would compare to a std c20let?

Mike
07-07-06, 10:14 AM
N I T R O U S

:wall:

Ai, NOS is a brand, as in Nitrous Oxide Systems marketed by Holley Performance of America.

Where as were all talking generically about Nitrous, just the substance and a kit in general.

Bet your getting pished of now aint you Stu! lol

Stuart
07-07-06, 07:13 PM
im trying to find the F&F piss take piccy but having no joy lol

Green16v
04-08-06, 06:47 AM
Can someone put a link to the mvaux website plz as i am nearly finished a 1.6 8v turbo just looking for a managment system ( thinking omex ).

Stuart
04-08-06, 07:57 AM
GOOGLE

www.mvaux.com... lazy fcuker

General Baxter
04-08-06, 09:16 PM
woo mines on its way lol

Green16v
22-08-06, 06:40 AM
is there an mvaux dealer in the uk?

Stuart
22-08-06, 11:42 AM
kind of... there is an ebay "shop" selling them at twice the Mvaux price and they only order the parts once you buy so still takes just as long to get to you at double the cost ;)

LJH
07-09-07, 04:43 PM
whats the shop called?

LJH
07-09-07, 05:04 PM
and where on earth do you get wide band lamda sensors?

Martin
07-09-07, 05:54 PM
Can You not read? this is a year old thread FFS