PDA

View Full Version : Nova+cool??

Jim Mcrae
09-03-06, 04:57 PM
Alrite peeps,
Just thinking are novas still cool. Just a my mate who is on about getting a civic keeps harping on about how good they are and how terrible novas are!!! What makes it even worse is another mate has a civic so they're ganging up on me. I think my nova is great anything i can say to shut these smart ****s up or am i just tottaly beaten. Sorry for the rant i have had better days..:mad:

Ash C
09-03-06, 05:24 PM
A lad i know had a civic, i asked him why he got rid of it? he said it looked ok but it drove s**t he said it had know feel to it and was too easy to drive... i'd stick with the nova it will win hands down the fun you wil have in driving it. Carnt wait to get mine back out in the summer. :thumb:

dannyb
09-03-06, 05:26 PM
Soft horrible steering and clutch with vague soft suspension on the LSi models. VTi is fast but then again so is a XE'd Nova. To quote Fast Lane april 1992 "the Japanese VTi fails to live up to its stunning squat, purposeful looks. Again its struggles to put its horses to good use. Hard cornering always results in push on, wheel spinning understeer that can become alarming in the wet. The interior is stunning too... Stunningly dire that is, littered with cheap fittings, lousy seats and tacky switch gear" If you need anymore pub ammo, ill photocopy the article!! Just try and change a cambelt or clutch on our little Japanese friend and you'll wish it was a Nova.

jbowman
09-03-06, 05:53 PM
Mind you the honda engines are hard to kill, all my collegues at work have honda civics apart from me but its ok, cos they are always having to sort out, water leaks, leccy window probs, central locking probs etc.
I always say they are entitled to their own opinions, and yes a civic would be nice but hell am I gonna pay the insurance for it!
I like what I like and a retro nova is one of my likes.

One way to kill a civic:
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/civic/39/CFC000B5-BDC3-4008-B8B0-8AA19CBCBDF4.htm

Jack
09-03-06, 06:08 PM
i'd stick with the nova it will win hands down the fun you wil have in driving it. Carnt wait to get mine back out in the summer. :thumb:
I know I made the right choice :D

novamadman
09-03-06, 06:15 PM
hilarious video

LUV2XLR8
09-03-06, 06:16 PM
One way to kill a civic:
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...A19CBCBDF4.htm

bloody hell, i knew they had strong engines but that takes the piss!im off to poor all sorts of liquids in my mates 05plate civic sport hahaha

jbowman
09-03-06, 06:20 PM
I know I made the right choice :D
Did you choose a Perodua Nippa? lol

Hard to compete with a rally bred Celica.

Welsh Dan
09-03-06, 06:25 PM
fantastic vid :D

orange_andy
09-03-06, 09:12 PM
why cant i see the vid

Iain
09-03-06, 11:19 PM
why cant i see the vid

Did you click the link? :p