PDA

View Full Version : twin 40s

azz/andy
09-03-06, 10:36 AM
Hi im fitting twin 40's to my gsi, does anyone know if i can use the old fuel pump?
cause i been told that the old gsi one wont work?
does anyone know?
cheers
andy

Stuart
09-03-06, 11:19 AM
the pressure is too high, you can try to regulate it down but its best to get a low presusre pump like a facet and regulate that to 3psi.

mikey14sr
09-03-06, 11:20 AM
You could wire it in as if it's an aftermarket electric pump for carbs as long as you get a pressure regulator thats suitable, you would need one for high pressure fuel lines to bring the pressure down as the gsi fuel pump will run at about 18psi, you only need 3/4psi for carbs.

azz/andy
09-03-06, 01:08 PM
cheers lads
how easy are the facet pumps to get hold of?
then simply replace the gsi one?

johnny27
09-03-06, 03:20 PM
cheers lads
how easy are the facet pumps to get hold of?
then simply replace the gsi one?

When you say replace, most ppl fit the new pump under the bonnet, i don't really know if its possible or pratical to mount the new pump where the old gsi one is in the fuel tank. One more thing is that i don't know if you have to disable the old gsi pump by cutting the power to it, or maybe when you loose the injection system the pump stops functioning.

mikey14sr
09-03-06, 05:41 PM
most electric pumps are designed to push rather than suck the fuel, keeping them close to the tank seems to be more common in competition circles from what I've seen.

johnny27
09-03-06, 08:26 PM
just all ways noticed that with most of the nova feature's (which i can't find anymore since the new forum) on sr engined cars and so on that the fuel pumps where mostly mounted on the bulkhead, suppose there is easiest since the carbs are only a short direct route for the fuel pipe. U can use the nova carb pump on the cam carrier, u can get it from an sr or 1.2 carb but again your going to need a regulator, so prob not much point

JAMIEP
09-03-06, 09:58 PM
Where can i get a regulator from, everywhere ive looked there around 60quid! is that the cheapest? thanks

Adam
09-03-06, 11:40 PM
http://www.burtonpower.com/