PDA

View Full Version : dump valve on none turbo ?

dan23
08-03-06, 11:09 PM
i was wondering if there is a way off fittinf a dump valve to a non turbo an bodgeing it so it would make the noise when u change gear ?

Stuart
08-03-06, 11:11 PM
NO NO NO NO :wall: NO NO NOOOOOOOOO

Adam
08-03-06, 11:17 PM
You can get an electronic dump valve simulator ROFL

dan23
08-03-06, 11:22 PM
it was just a thought would have sounded good with t40s

Stuart
08-03-06, 11:24 PM
erm no it wouldnt have.

dannyb
08-03-06, 11:28 PM
You could get a mate to make the noise when you change gear

orange_andy
08-03-06, 11:29 PM
justget some new wheels 250/50/15;s then when you hit the gear change the back arches will rub psssshh psssh

Welsh Dan
08-03-06, 11:31 PM
You can get ones that simulate the rally-style ones, to the best of my knowledge they just squirt a jet of fuel into the exhaust.

I question why you'd want one though.

slammed saloon
09-03-06, 10:12 AM
get a mate to sit in passenger seat with a shaken up bottle of fanta etc n open it by a megaphone when u change gear, that'll do it. pmsl. or u can buy them gay simulation sound cd's off tinternet.

Philsutton
09-03-06, 10:25 AM
you may as well soil your self now an get it over with, because afterwards no one will think your cool

slammed saloon
09-03-06, 10:45 AM
you may as well soil your self now an get it over with, because afterwards no one will think your cool
lol lol lol

Jack
09-03-06, 06:33 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Rocks-Mr_T.jpg

Jack
09-03-06, 06:41 PM
I would also just like to add that

I ♥ my DV

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/CCUK/2005_11210008.jpg

lol

jbowman
09-03-06, 07:26 PM
If I had a pound for how many people asked me this question when they come into work it have a few quid.

Not even worth attempting as there isnt enough pressure, you might as well get the Saber electronic dump valve (EDV) still not worth the money.

http://www.saber-edv.com/demo-video.html

Probably get it for pennies on eBay.

burgo
09-03-06, 10:16 PM
i was wondering if there is a way off fittinf a dump valve to a non turbo an bodgeing it so it would make the noise when u change gear ?its gotta suck to be you

jbowman
09-03-06, 11:32 PM
You could always try fitting one of these, then you really will gain BHP!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/12/AB544E3B-5DFF-416D-9CFD-A1AD23CA9564.htm

Snowface
10-03-06, 12:55 PM
lmao at saxo in vid, sound slower than a 1.2 Nova.

jbowman
10-03-06, 01:27 PM
What Saxo??

projectcoshanova
10-03-06, 04:03 PM
lmao i think snowface should think again to what 2 cars was in that video cos id say the first one was not a saxo and the second was just a sooped up pick up truck lmao

Jack
10-03-06, 04:47 PM
http://www.saber-edv.com/demo-video.html

^ That saxo!

That edv is crap - sounds nothing like a proper DV, note how its still "dumping" when he's back on the power LMFAO

I have the urge to go video mine now lol

jbowman
10-03-06, 05:37 PM
Oh that saxo :tard: sorry, esp when I was the one who posted it.
Thats the Saxo belonging to 'Gangsta' out of Redline mag I think (1.1 8v)
packed full of ICE - looks like spewing volcanoes

bit off topic there.

Razorjack - i think we gotta see that GT4 in action!!

big_wig_074
12-03-06, 09:37 AM
You can get ones that simulate the rally-style ones, to the best of my knowledge they just squirt a jet of fuel into the exhaust.

I question why you'd want one though.
what?
rally cars dont run dump valves!
i think youre getting confused with the crap invention that is fake anti lag!:wtf:

Stuart
12-03-06, 09:59 AM
a BOV can be confused with a DV :P

big_wig_074
12-03-06, 04:53 PM
stuart,a blow off valve IS a dump valve!its like saying i dont have a vacuum cleaner i have a hoover!rally cars do NOT use dump valves as the anti lag would NOT work with one! if you are referring to the chattering noise,that is simply compressed air flowing back over the turbo blades as the throttle is shut. known as wastegate chatter,but actually has nothing to do with the wastegate.
if you want that noise make sure you do not have a dump valve,then fit a cone filter,and provided there are not many restrictions (ie an AFM) then you will get this noise. this is why cossies are often heard chattering away yet you wont hear many rs turbos doing the same,cossies use a MAP sensor whereas the rs turbo has a metering unit in the way of the air flow!

benthehash
12-03-06, 06:24 PM
could buy two fake dump valves get some silly power

lol

beavy69
12-03-06, 07:30 PM
How does anti lag work then?

jbowman
12-03-06, 07:40 PM
Anti lag is supposed to keep the boost up by keeping the turbo spinning, so as soon as the accelerator is pressed there is instant power without the time lag it usually takes for a turbo to spool up - not actually a cr*p piece of kit for race engines.

Stuart
13-03-06, 08:04 AM
there are a few ways of implementing AL but its basics are placeing fuel in the exhaust housing so that the heat there causes it to burn and spin up the turbo.. kinda like an external combustion engine in that respect. On the flip side it severly limits the turbos lifespan

jbowman
13-03-06, 09:03 AM
Carrying on what Stu said: Hence you always hear the rally cars pop & splutter at below 2k rpm and idle because of the advanced timing & extra fueling.

novamadcars
13-03-06, 09:07 AM
dont rally cars just sound amazing
i just downloaded the video of that saxo and i just laffed

big_wig_074
13-03-06, 12:06 PM
How does anti lag work then?
with anti lag on,once the ecu reads less than a preset throttle percentage it activates several things,a throttle bypass valve(or keeps the throttle open slightly with a kicker) to let air into the engine,the fuel injectors then flow more fuel(fuel is NOT injected into the turbo!) but the ignition retards dramatically so that the fuel passes through the engine and into the turbo where it is then ignited. this causes the turbo to spinup violently,hence why it is a necessity for a strong mainshaft in the turbo (maram 247) if you are running proper anti lag. therefore you can see that due to a lack of vacuum a dump valve would be completely useless. anyway dump valves were initially designed as noise suppression devices for executive cars:thumb:

TommySR
13-03-06, 12:35 PM
i know a lad thats fitted one of them Saber EDV things to his 1.2 Nova, absolutely terrible, it just plays a sound effect through a speaker under the bonnet and it dumps for ever! u can change from gear and be halfway up the rev range and you can still hear it playin the crap sound loop lol

SRlew
13-03-06, 06:20 PM
Razorjack - i think we gotta see that GT4 in action!!

i second that:) get a nice little vid put together!

Nobby
04-04-06, 02:15 PM
PMSL you would look abit of a t**t m8

Simes
04-04-06, 03:53 PM
tut tut ?? whats this all about? a dump valve without a turbo lol sorry but pmsl

Steve Barker
04-04-06, 04:03 PM
why not get a sticker on you head that says "tw4t"

kingsbury
04-04-06, 04:25 PM
u would look like arite p r i ck i think why not just buy a turbo

Jack
04-04-06, 07:19 PM
there are a few ways of implementing AL but its basics are placeing fuel in the exhaust housing so that the heat there causes it to burn and spin up the turbo.. kinda like an external combustion engine in that respect. On the flip side it severly limits the turbos lifespan
The WRC ST205s have anti-lag to comply with FIA homologation rules; however its not connected. A few owners have connected it, but after about 1000 miles and a handful of turbos it soon gets disconnected lol

i second that:) get a nice little vid put together!
I would do but with the gearbox being **** at the moment all you'd hear is vroom pshh crunch lol

db_1.2
04-04-06, 07:41 PM
my dads from the oldschool gen and he sez that you can buy a lil disk to put in your back box that makes a whistly sound! lol but dunno whether the still make these, the amount of people that ask about dump valves without a turbo is redicules! and the electric ones are poo! i dont even know why you want a dump valve without a turbo??? whats the point??? youll turn up to macky d's car park with your fake dump valve lookin all rude but when you get half way down the motorway and only reachin 90 it will be a bit embarrisin!

Lee
04-04-06, 09:23 PM
im pretty sure only reaching 90 will be the least of your embarrassment worries if you drove into maccy d car park with a fake dump valve lol

bonkars
10-04-06, 05:37 PM
why do u want that so u think ur off90 mph when really doin20mph ha ha

Ash C
10-04-06, 05:46 PM
The lad needs help.