PDA

View Full Version : nova = chav :S

freeman(nova)
08-03-06, 09:41 PM
i really want a nova im learning to drive at the moment but when i pass i want a nova but wht's putting me off is there chav-ish reputation and that the are basically rusty sheds, if i do get a nova it will style it with the following mods

14inch compomotive mo's
lowered 60mm
front buckets
induction kit
scorpion exhaust

somehow i dont think ^ is a chavish nova, it just the reputation

:confused: / :thumb:

mikey14sr
08-03-06, 09:46 PM
Find the best you can (rust-wise), you're ideas aren't chavish, just keep it clean without any sticky-out bits(masses of lights/big spoilers).

Iain
08-03-06, 09:48 PM
You'll probably still get called a chav though. :p

Christ
08-03-06, 09:52 PM
when i get called a chav for having a nova, i just laugh. I dunno, seems any chavs i know drive 106's

rednova
08-03-06, 09:54 PM
I once caught some woman call me a chav at some traffic lights - flicking between tracks silent moment heard everything! i simply replied in the poshest accent i could "madame please do not judge me because of the car that i drive - do i judge you because of the clothes you wear - no" then in a broad geordie accent added - so P*I*S*S off!! ya daft cow!!! with a big grin from ear to ear, needless to say she was gobsmaked, lights turned and off i went a happy chappy!!!!!! lol

Phil

womble sri
08-03-06, 10:19 PM
yeah dont worry about it i get the dodgy looks all the time. there is this kid in my town who must of just recently passed driving a rusty white 1.2 with a big back box 15s and not lowered ive seen him go round the roundabout at the end of my road at least 5 times tonight wheels lit up making a racket. just dont drive like a **** and hopefully people wont think you are one

dannyb
08-03-06, 10:33 PM
Don't worry about the chav thing, the Nova makes sense as a lightweight and fast point to point tool. Just follow Dan's golden anti chav rules:
1. Dont go for chrome rims
2. Don't wear a burberry pattern baseball cap when driving
3. Don't drive round and round your, or anyone elses town with the stereo up yelling at girls
4. Don't cover the Nova in acres of fibre glass crap, it will spoil your power to weight ratio.
5. Dont try and fit Lexus clusters

Follow these rules and you will be amazed at the amount of times you dont get pulled over, while chavs in their 1.1 saxos with lexus lights do. Keep it as you listed above, sleeper style, with small wide rims and stripped interior for maximum fun!

womble sri
08-03-06, 10:55 PM
Don't worry about the chav thing, the Nova makes sense as a lightweight and fast point to point tool. Just follow Dan's golden anti chav rules:
3. Don't drive round and round your, or anyone elses town with the stereo up yelling at girls
4. Don't cover the Nova in acres of fibre glass crap, it will spoil your power to weight ratio.

Follow these rules and you will be amazed at the amount of times you dont get pulled over, while chavs in their 1.1 saxos with lexus lights do. Keep it as you listed above, sleeper style, with small wide rims and stripped interior for maximum fun!

got it to a tee :thumb:

Welsh Dan
08-03-06, 11:19 PM

6. Don't fit ****er-lights™

orange_andy
08-03-06, 11:24 PM
i agree, i got mine sr very very good condition body work no rust great paintwork, red, gsi skirts blue sr trim blue round me liscence plates, no1 has called me a chav, everyone wants a nova now, all i get is good comments, saying they want a good nova,

the chavs now are VTR drivers, di&&&
just remember its not the car thats a chav its the driver!!

jamie gsi16v
09-03-06, 12:43 AM
i agree, i got mine sr very very good condition body work no rust great paintwork, red, gsi skirts blue sr trim blue round me liscence plates, no1 has called me a chav, everyone wants a nova now, all i get is good comments, saying they want a good nova,

the chavs now are VTR drivers, di&&&
just remember its not the car thats a chav its the driver!!

wtf?

womble sri
09-03-06, 12:21 PM
wtf?
bet that looks good. are you colour blind?

Nath
09-03-06, 12:38 PM
well it summed it up for me what the police think of novas last night,i come out of the pub, they watched me get into my car, start it up and even put my harnesses on. they followed me for about a mile untill finally pulling me over. told me my car was **** and i was a boyracer who was doing stupid things on the car park.when they clearly watched me come out the pub and into my car and straight off lol. they then tried to do me for not wearing a seat belt, saying my exhaust was too loud, my harnesses were illegal, so were my smoked side repeaters!! and then sat me in there car for 20 mins to do a breath test. and then had the nerve to say you shouldnt hang around with the chavs on the car park or drive a nova.

Welsh Dan
09-03-06, 02:05 PM
lol

The Simps
09-03-06, 02:22 PM
Its not the car, its how you behave while in the car.

I was down my local tyre place a few weeks back having my tracking done and this grandma came up to me and said,

"Thats a very clean little old car. I bet you don't live out in the country keeping it that clean!"

I was just gobsmacked and didn't know how to reply! lmao

Simps.

Jack
09-03-06, 06:18 PM
well it summed it up for me what the police think of novas last night,i come out of the pub, they watched me get into my car, start it up and even put my harnesses on. they followed me for about a mile untill finally pulling me over. told me my car was **** and i was a boyracer who was doing stupid things on the car park.when they clearly watched me come out the pub and into my car and straight off lol. they then tried to do me for not wearing a seat belt, saying my exhaust was too loud, my harnesses were illegal, so were my smoked side repeaters!! and then sat me in there car for 20 mins to do a breath test. and then had the nerve to say you shouldnt hang around with the chavs on the car park or drive a nova.
Should have taken the coppers' badge numbers and written a complaint about their attitude.

craig green
09-03-06, 08:56 PM
5. Dont try and fit Lexus clusters.

Dont recline the drivers seat back into the rear seating area
& dont sit leaning in towards the centre of the car. (makes your ears stand out)

orange_andy
09-03-06, 09:14 PM
dunno what you lot do in your novas. because iv had mine for 4months never been pulled once, never even been followed or looked at twice!!

Stanley
09-03-06, 11:34 PM
there was a point when i wss getting stopped every 2nd day, minimum.

just kept all my details in the car, so if i got stopped, i just put the window down an inch poked them thru without even lookin at them.

knobs

wud gladly go to court again for smackin a copper....

Nath
10-03-06, 01:36 AM
the police around by me just have a hate for anything thats slightly modified. the thing is though its genuine drivers like myself who are getting stopped and not the ****holes about with no insurance etc. ive got the vehicle registration anyway and my dads best freind is a copper so hes looking into it for me :)

valver500
10-03-06, 09:26 PM
yeah a sweet lookin nova makes people think different about them plus their greatfun in the twisty bits!

ben doodar
11-03-06, 02:44 PM
i love how people call me a chav cuz i drive a nova, it makes me laugh so badly. this bird walked past my car the other day pointed at my car n said to her dad thats a chav car, i laughed n said thats my chav car she smilled n laughed she was well fit. love it

alxlaw
13-03-06, 11:50 AM
i miss my nova - i used to well confuse the 5.0 - id get pulled over at least once a week, the first thing they say is " right kid, out of the f**kin car" to wich id reply (in my posh'st bramhall/poyonton accent) of course officer how my i be of assistance? - there opinion soon changes and they treat you like a human being (in most cases i didnt even get a producer!!, - infact the 2nd to last time i got pulled over i was on my way to a fancie dress party (i was dressed like adam ant) (maby before most of your time) but basically i was dressed like a camp pirate with makeup and a big black stripe accross my face...... - the copper was more scared of what he thaut id do to his ass than to his face!!! i was never called a chav (maby from a distance:thumb: )

TommySR
13-03-06, 12:07 PM
lol, i agree about the Nova being a magnet to cop cars as ive been pulled few times for doin nothing wrong at all, and have been purposely followed several times, remember i was on my way home and this Focus estate patrol car literally sat on my **** all the way waiting for me to make a mistake so he cud pull me. tosser

rednova
13-03-06, 03:53 PM
one night i was putting my car in the garage about half ten when i saw my mates mum walikin past i asked if she wanted a lift home - now as id just got the car and as she'd tell my mum if i drove like an ars e i drove sensibly! pulls out of the estate and turns left - to the right is a bridge over a railway line - about halfway up the dual carriageway this riot van screams up my **** - i told my mates mum that id get pulled (she couldnt belive it as id done nowt!!) sure enough turns into her estate on come the lights. i gets out the copper walks over to me and asks where i was goin in a hurry:confused: (50 mph) i replied dropping my mates mum off - the copper was accusing me of doin 70 over the bridge and that he had followed me for some time, no other cars between me n him neither - his face changed when my mates mum got out of the car and asked me if id be ok!!! lol lol lol - he just said well i can see you have a fast car just drive it sensibly!!w ankers !!!!!

moral of the story - they'll pull you for no reason, lie to you ands theres generally nowt you can do!!!

Phil

Jack
13-03-06, 05:23 PM
he just said well i can see you have a fast car just drive it sensibly!!
Did he not see you were in a Nova? lol

orange_andy
13-03-06, 05:53 PM
as much as i love my nova and treat it good and hate to see people dissing them, they have a reputation for a reason, because we might be the minority wondering why we are getting pulled the police obviously target any nova for a reason FOR HE CHAVS that do drive it, you should see this corsa, local car park where every one meets he puts his handbrake on and drifts around for 10minute WITHOUT takin his handbrake on PERMANANTLY ON!!! jus driving from left to right i pure wanna crack him he thinks its need for speed underground

Lee
13-03-06, 06:02 PM
I used to spend a LOT of time driving around town when I was younger, mainly at a loss of something to do, but if you spend a lot of time being pulled, you end up being quite well known by the local bobbys.

When the blue one was on the road, i used to nip around with the TB's snorting through the scuttle pannel, and didnt even get followed, let alone pulled. Even got the odd nod from one or two of them lol

projectcoshanova
14-03-06, 09:01 AM
well great to hear all your storys and fun whatever u may call it but seems a lot of people are judging a chav with a nova a lot.. concidering there thin metal and rust very easily lmao