PDA

View Full Version : new backbox but carnt get it to come out where i want it

SRlew
08-03-06, 07:26 PM
right i baught a new back box, its just a straight one with no bends in any where, so i baught a 30 degree bend (lowest i could find) but trial fitted it just now and the best place it would fit was on the start of the gte lip, if you know what i mean:confused: (so in between the centre and the original zorst hole in the bumper)

any ideas what sort of other bend or any ideas how i could get it come out of the actuall hole

bit hard with out seeing it i know but help apprieciated.

whats the lowest degree bend you lot have heard of?

cheers, lew

Mike.
08-03-06, 07:44 PM
what tmake back box is it mate, because mines a sportex back box and it comes out dead straight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/6666666/novanotherscarshow053.jpg

slammed saloon
08-03-06, 07:51 PM
take ur back box n car to somewhere like powerflow or longlife exhausts n they'll fit it properly for like 30 quid :thumb:

mikey14sr
08-03-06, 07:53 PM
It might be a case of having to cut and weld to get it sitting where you want. Easiest way I know to bend the pipe about 5 degrees is to cut most of the way through the pipe from the inside of where you want the bend, pull the gap closed and weld it up. Thats the trick I've used in the past to get universal boxes to sit right.

SRlew
08-03-06, 07:58 PM
yer my ashley did sort of.

but if you look at yours, the pipe that joins your system will be bent to fit properly.

iv got no bends in it all of it is just straight

looks like i might just have to go get a peice cut and welded back on in a different angle.

SRlew
08-03-06, 08:01 PM
It might be a case of having to cut and weld to get it sitting where you want. Easiest way I know to bend the pipe about 5 degrees is to cut most of the way through the pipe from the inside of where you want the bend, pull the gap closed and weld it up. Thats the trick I've used in the past to get universal boxes to sit right.

:) ahh thats a bloody good idea, the bend i got (30 degree) is too much so i might cut a slit in it, bend it to where i want it and get it welded up.

oh and its a cherry bomb

cheers, lew

mikey14sr
08-03-06, 08:16 PM
Ahh a bomber, they aren't really designed to be used as a back-box, but I like you're thinking. I had to get a new centre section for mine for the mot and the box in that is just a straight-through jobby, was gonna cut it out and use it as a back-box, but there's hardly any silencing built into it. Didn't think the neighbours would be too happy with it going like a banshee at 6 every morning.

SRlew
08-03-06, 08:28 PM
ha ha!

nah the one i got has got a tailpipe on it.

SRlew
09-03-06, 09:46 AM
:thumb: mikey14sr, it worked a treat mate, its just being welded back up now:)

by the way your cars looking wicked mate, makes me want my bumpers grey again:confused:

SRlew
10-03-06, 06:18 PM
ha ha got it on now! its LOUD it a straight through system with the cherry bomb on, i got depressed cause i thought it wasnt popping, but then down shifted into 2nd and BANG BANG BANG! its absolutly wicked. it gave me and my bro a head ache thou and no one else likes it including my mum. lol

lew

Adam
10-03-06, 06:47 PM
Lol, it sounds cool at first.
But my ashley exhaust is beginning do my head in on dual carriagways, burrrrrrr. Lol

jamie gsi16v
11-03-06, 12:33 AM
wtf is this site coming too, cherry bombs bang bang bang rar rar boom boom!

SRlew
11-03-06, 06:14 PM
yer it prob will do my head in. but i always had an ashley on and that wasnt too bad till i took the silencer out of the system, then it got a bit louder, and now its probably just a touch louder than that but more of a rummble and more popping.

the car will sound even better when i get a set of carbs on it.