PDA

View Full Version : brakes binding

womble sri
07-03-06, 11:00 PM
i have looked through a few posts and reckon its probably the servo but my brakes are coming on after any heavy breaking i bled them off a bit to loosen them but there still doin it and it seems to sort itself out after more heavy breaking. just wondered if anyone has had this problem before also my servo hisses a bit but always has. could it be the master cylinder?

Welsh Dan
08-03-06, 12:05 AM
Are they staying on, or coming back on?

womble sri
08-03-06, 12:06 AM
staying on but not hard. the they come off after more breaking.

Welsh Dan
08-03-06, 12:21 AM
Have you had a close look at the calipers? I read somewhere on here that they can start to stick...

Adam
08-03-06, 12:31 AM
What brakes are fitted?

Sounds like the slide bolts have got crud etc in them and are seizing.
Take the caliper off, take the slide bolts out, clean then and lube them with some copper grease, refit them, and refit the caliper.

orange_andy
08-03-06, 08:53 AM
iv had this problem 2 times, seized calipers, AND MORE SEIZED calipers, get it sorted because it only gets worse. mine started slightly then it was fine, then after a few trips they were on FIRE! had nothing left on the pad they had disintegrated lol,

tappingt
08-03-06, 11:37 AM
maybe the piston seals have gone. just an idea.

LUV2XLR8
08-03-06, 11:47 AM
when the piston seals go the main piston in the calliper rust. so either take the piston out and sand them down with some wet and dry or if you can buy new callipers, i sanded my pistons and they are fine now :D