PDA

View Full Version : Glacier White???

Anonymous
23-11-01, 05:37 PM
Hi

I am soon to get my car resprayed in vauxhall glacier white. I've been told there is more that one shade of this colour, is this true??? My mates nova is in glacier white and it is a real blinding, stunning white, thats the shade i'm after.

Does anyone know if there is more than one shade of this colour and what is the origional shade of the galcier white that novas come with as standard???

Cheers very much

Anonymous
23-11-01, 10:58 PM
bodyshops tend to do a few different shades,to allow for fading,or the year the car was built I believe,a mate of mine works at a body factors,and he says theres roughly 7 shades of carmine red,to allow for oxidisation,so I take its the same for other colours?

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
24-11-01, 06:22 PM
theres not much you can do with white though

any new white paint will look stunning and "glass" like

just make sure once its painted u keep it well waxed and it will look like that for a long time to come.

white cars well looked after look mint in the summer

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
26-11-01, 07:41 PM
When i got my car back in the summer (1.4SR) it was stolen recovered so the locks were damaged. I needed to spray the surrounding lock areas, fortunately my old mans' got a spray booth in his Vauxhall dealership so i had all the right equipment to do the job. I did it myself and it looks ok, its more of a slightly off white colour though, but it isn't that noticable unless its dark and you look closely! I'm hopefully going to repsray the whole car this Christmas or next summer if i've got the time when i get back from uni, i'll let you know how it goes!

Anonymous
27-11-01, 12:28 AM
My new GTE is Glacier White, and it's so bright that all the other white cars on my road (of which there are 3 plus a van!) now look cream by comparison :D

Anonymous
27-11-01, 06:32 PM
u can get polar white or glacier!

Anonymous
29-11-01, 01:25 AM
Isn't Polar white the MKII Nova version and Glacier the white used on MKI's???

Maybe it's the same colour with a different name?

Anonymous
29-11-01, 02:05 PM
polar is early mk1s
glacier is mk1`s and mk2`s

they still paint new vuaxhalls glacier white

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
29-11-01, 09:17 PM
Aha....I see...I got it the wrong way round :p