PDA

View Full Version : another dodgy brake thread

RobMarriott
06-03-06, 09:42 PM
right, the brakes on my nova rent exactly brilliant, pedal has a fair bit of travel before anything happens, all been bled and topped up, but its still like it, problem is, when i brake hard, however hard i try, the wheels will not lock

i know this isnt necisarily(sp) a bad thing, but i always like the wheels to lock if i stamp on the pedal so i know i;ve got the full braking force to play with, and if they arent locking, somethings up yes?

anyone had a similar problem?

also, steering wheel wobbles whilst driving, and wheels are correctly balance

oh, and if i put my foot down without holding on to the steering wheel, the car pulls to the left

its a 1.3 SR, so i doubt its tourqe steer

cheers in advance

Robin

LUV2XLR8
06-03-06, 09:47 PM
you say it wobles? prehaps the wheels are slightly bent, i had 15's and within a week they were wobling because they were too week and bent. or maybe your tracking is out

RobMarriott
06-03-06, 10:05 PM
wheels arent bent, they are the ones i had for my corsa, only about 9 months old, and have been re balanced every month at work

tracking is out i think, but it doesnt generally cause a pull, thats normally tyre pressures, but they are all spot on

Donova
06-03-06, 11:57 PM
Pads or discs contaminated? I know this won,t be the cause of the wobble but maybe the poor braking and pulling sidways?