PDA

View Full Version : Raising rear stub axles

MPP_RUSSELL
06-03-06, 06:36 PM
Hey all, thinking of raising my rear stub axles to gain lowereing with still have good axle and shock clearence/travel. I know it is capable bevause my last axle had it done but cant remember how exactly it was done to achieve maimum rigidity. I running aastra rear discs with totally stripped rear end. Any help/info/pics much apreciated. Russell.

Give it some rev
06-03-06, 08:28 PM
i think you want coilovers

craig green
06-03-06, 08:38 PM
i think you want coilovers

NO. He wants to retain beam/ exhaust clearance etc.

I'm doing this on my r/disc conversion. I think you have to weld the end plates on higher up on the Nova beam. Puts the wheel higher on the beam (with the same springs) if you get me. Thus lower ride height.:thumb:

If the beam is std but with drilled stub axles I dont think it'll work, hence using the Astra end plates.

CG

Give it some rev
06-03-06, 08:48 PM
seems like a load of work for nothing. cant see whats wrong with conventional lowering methods. as long as he doesnt lower it by 80mm then clearance isnt an issue.

MPP_RUSSELL
06-03-06, 09:20 PM
ive got astra end plates and a fresh beam. Having more movement in the shock itself is better for handling, secondly its valvered and totally stripped out, hence my problem. It sits way too high at the back at the moment even with -60 springs. Coilovers would be nice but ive got a mint rear interior and dont want to ruin it by turriting. On budget hence cant realy allord having it resrayed. I know the plates have to be welded higher but how can you actually reinforce the top half of the plate when raised from the rest of the axle? Pictures would be really helpful if anybodys got any.

cheshiresport
12-03-06, 09:59 PM
Ive done my stub axles when i did the rear disc conversion raised the end plates 1" before weldong on then fitted avo coilovers all round sits rather low when i want it to