PDA

View Full Version : carbs set up and rr a-fookin-gain

womble sri
06-03-06, 04:55 PM
well after putting the new manifold and exhaust on i had my carbs set up today first run 60 bhp! bloody breaks were coming on so we had to bleed them off master cylinder or servo must of had it. also the starter motor is knackered only starts when its cold :roll:. any ideas on either of these problems would be appreciated:thumb:
second rum was just over 100 bhp at 5800 several twiddles with carbs and cam later we decided to use smaller idle jets so 50's rather than 55's that sorted out the running rich problem at higher revs but made it even more lumpy down the bottom. so fiddled some more and managed to achieve 134bhp on the rollers. so it is a lot quicker now rollers may not be that accurate but i came out there last time with 125 and gained an extra 9 so im very happy:D

Stuart
06-03-06, 05:21 PM
tasty. cant fault petes work (but maybe his roller accuracy a little lol)

your brakes... does the servo still give assistance? if so then you need to back the brake linkage off, under the pedal there is a 19mm nut that you undo then turn the rod connecting the pedal to the link rail. back off then tighten the nut up. job done.
starter sounds fecked

womble sri
06-03-06, 05:49 PM
your brakes... does the servo still give assistance?

dont know what you mean by that the peddle gets hard and then after a few times they loosen off again and the pedal is lighter. my MUM thinks it will be the dizzy cap as she had the same problem with her old fiesta

krobinson
06-03-06, 06:51 PM
9bhp is a very good gain from your additions. Well done.

The figures seems very high, but all rolling roads vary.

Keith

womble sri
06-03-06, 07:37 PM
yeah it does seem a bit high but this scottish bloke estimated that sort of power basing it on a similar spec nova that he had. still im happy faster than it was whatever it actually puts out would be good to get it on some different rollers should write to tv and have a nl rr day

Stuart
06-03-06, 08:22 PM
meh sod the mags lol have one anyway. Im sure the PVG will sort one soon enough when peoples cars come out of hiding

krobinson
06-03-06, 08:26 PM
Whats the full spec now then?

Keith

craig green
06-03-06, 08:47 PM
If you use the same rollers every time then accuracy isnt quite so important. Makes sense to always measure the power at the wheels. Flywheel figures are calculated by estimating the losses.

Power at the wheels is a constant. I had 137 @ the wheels on a very conservative (new) dyno. was impressed tbh. (1.6 btw)

Good gains anyway esp if it runs better!

womble sri
06-03-06, 11:08 PM
yeah it runs better and i know its faster so its all good. its just 1400 sr bottom end standard regularly serviced in good nick, but for how long!,sri skimmed rebuilt head, piper cam kit bp300,pulley, four branch ashley manifold and full system and its stripped. it goes well but the bay dosent really look anything like yours keith thats special and mine is starting to rust in all the usual places not too badly but the shell defenitly needs some work which i will hopefully be able to do in the summer when i leave college and get a proper job :thumb:

Adam
06-03-06, 11:48 PM
Nice one Womble, good to hear its running well again.