PDA

View Full Version : how do i get rid of the vinyl on an SR

Anonymous
22-10-01, 10:12 PM
i want to get rid of the vinyl sides on my sr. is it a big job and whats involved. when its all removed is it gonna look sh*t undereneath. please any help or advice would be great. sy

Anonymous
23-10-01, 03:31 AM
i used a heat gun peeled it all off. Then go over it with a polishing mop and soft compuond and the paintwork comes up like new

Anonymous
23-10-01, 09:58 AM
be aware that the previous owner might have painted the doors with the viynl/rubbing strips still on!

like i found out when i took my rubbing strips off...there is a line of paint along the doors...luckily it wasn't to severe and i just used rubbing compound and u can hardly see it now...

Ged

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
23-10-01, 12:16 PM
s**t thanx for that i just remembered that the doors and wings used to be blue. that has caused a bib prob ill replace the doors with non-vinyl ones peel the stuff of the arches and cover them with colour coded gsi skirts. cheers for the advice

Anonymous
23-10-01, 12:16 PM
s**t thanx for that i just remembered that the doors and wings used to be blue. that has caused a big prob ill replace the doors with non-vinyl ones peel the stuff of the arches and cover them with colour coded gsi skirts. cheers for the advice

Anonymous
24-10-01, 08:14 PM
I had a strip of paint in a different shade when I removed my rubbing strips....looked shocking on a sunny day, so ended up re-spraying the sides....looks mint now.

Anonymous
25-11-01, 06:36 PM
Someone suggested to me to sand off the vinyl and then re-spray the sides, anyone tried this? I intend doing this at Christmas when i get back from uni so wouldn't mind a few views/opinions!