PDA

View Full Version : 1.4SRi into 1.4SR

hendrix
06-03-06, 10:31 AM
hi chaps
Can this be done whilst retaining the mk1 dash?? if so how easy is it to do? I think that if im going to do it im going to need a loom off say a 1.4mpi astra or corsa so i dont need to chock it all together at some point :eek: because we all know how dangerous that can be! Also the alarm is all wired up so when you turn the ignition etc the alarm goes off, i dont have the wiring diagram so if it could be left in situ while i change the engine then that would be a bonus.
mk2 dash not an option (not my car)

Adam
06-03-06, 01:48 PM
Why would you need swap the dash when changing engines??

Riggy
06-03-06, 02:46 PM
mk1 sr - mk2 sri lol

yeah andy just get a loom from a mpi astra or corsa and uses that , with your new tank and pump etc

Adam
06-03-06, 02:49 PM
mk1 sr - mk2 sri lol

yeah andy just get a loom from a mpi astra or corsa and uses that , with your new tank and pump etc
I thought hes swapping a SRi engine into a SR? Lol

So why would he need to touch the dashboard :confused:

Or am i confused,Lol.

Ste L
06-03-06, 03:28 PM
think its if he was swapping looms, different connectors, like dials, etc

hendrix
06-03-06, 07:54 PM
yeah thats what i was saying, the sri loom is all complete wires all the lights dash everything which makes an sri transplant a pain in the **** :roll: as an sri is a mk2 it uses all mk2 dash connections.
yeah riggy im gonna go find an astra/corsa mpi and use that wiring loom, just hope it doesnt mess up the alarm though :confused:
gonna use an spi tank/mpi pump combo as my sri tank has a hole in it lol
i dont think it will be too hard using an astra mpi loom, anyone any ideas on what wires go where etc etc??
thanks for all your help lads

Riggy
06-03-06, 08:04 PM
full loom swap isnt that hard though andy , i did mine in about 2 hours and that was taking my time

Adam
07-03-06, 12:01 AM
yeah thats what i was saying, the sri loom is all complete wires all the lights dash everything which makes an sri transplant a pain in the **** :roll: as an sri is a mk2 it uses all mk2 dash connections.
yeah riggy im gonna go find an astra/corsa mpi and use that wiring loom, just hope it doesnt mess up the alarm though :confused:
gonna use an spi tank/mpi pump combo as my sri tank has a hole in it lol
i dont think it will be too hard using an astra mpi loom, anyone any ideas on what wires go where etc etc??
thanks for all your help lads
Oo right, i get you now,Lol.

If you get a mk3 astra/corsa engine loom then you wont need swap the entire loom, so could keep the mk1 dash etc.

If you already have the nova SRi loom and want to use that, then you could either seperate all the engine loom out from the car loom, or fit the whole thing like you said.