PDA

View Full Version : front brakes

bass head
04-03-06, 09:17 PM
i wanted to fit 2.0l astra brakes to the front of my car but wasnt sure on wot i wuld have to replace i remember some one sayin u hav to replace the brake servo n pipes is this rite n how much hasle wud it be.:confused:

Welsh Dan
04-03-06, 11:07 PM
I'm far from the most knowledgable person here, but, other than the actual fitting on the calipers, I don't see why you would need to. A bigger master cylinder with a more powerful servo will create a higher pressure in the calipers (tighter grip, stronger breaking), but there is no reason I see for needing to change them.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

jbowman
04-03-06, 11:35 PM
Stick the the Astra brakes on - no probs, just check the brake hoses while you're there.
Only need to uprate the servo if you have a serious brake setup but your standard servo will be fine.

Adam
05-03-06, 12:15 AM
My standard servo was fine, but i have heard other people say theres wasn't.

jbowman
05-03-06, 12:21 AM
You do want to take a little care when bleeding the brakes so not to move around the master cylinder rubbers.

Adam
05-03-06, 12:22 AM
Ye, if you can, buy a Gunsons Eezibleed kit from Halfords.
Its a air pressure bleed kit, no need to carefully press the brake pedal etc.

Stuart
05-03-06, 08:53 AM
no need to change the servo.. (they re for pussies anyway lol)
and the std master cylinder is "fine" too.

bump
05-03-06, 01:09 PM
Ye, if you can, buy a Gunsons Eezibleed kit from Halfords.
Its a air pressure bleed kit, no need to carefully press the brake pedal etc.

Are they the ones that run off a compressor?

Chers
Bump

Adam
05-03-06, 02:58 PM
It runs off the pressure in a car tyre.
Good bit of kit.

bump
05-03-06, 07:19 PM
I think that i shall have to look at picking one up. I wish I had the space for a compressor!

Cheers

Bump

bass head
05-03-06, 08:38 PM
cheers lads they dont sound bad to fit wot about rear disc conversion tho

jbowman
05-03-06, 08:49 PM
No point - Nova is too light to use them effectively, as with all vehicles up to 70% of braking is done by the front, just keep the rear drum properly adjusted.