PDA

View Full Version : Cav Clock into nova

Nova_Tek
04-03-06, 07:15 PM
My MK1 Clock is like a grandfather clock, the way it ticks and clunks. Pasengers probably think theres a bomb onborad lol

I got a Cav MK3 analogue clock in my garage, somewhere. Would it be possible to remove my nova clock from its place and replace it with the Cav clock once removing the cav facia moudlings from the clock?

Or better still... has anybody ever fitted a Cav MK3 LCD digital clock and temp display to a MK1 Nova?

Any pics?

A thousand thanks :thumb:

dan23
04-03-06, 09:46 PM
a lad here put calibra clocks u leave the surround on the clocks and cut the dash to 2 make em fit (on a mk2 )

theres a post on this forum some were think his name was ric666 or something like that

Nova_Tek
04-03-06, 11:55 PM
Looks like im gonna have to do some measuring to see if the clock will fit and also if i can remove the nova clocks out of its place. and straight swap it with the cav clock.

Cheers

jbowman
05-03-06, 12:16 AM
Do you mean the little clock to tell the time or speedo and rpm clocks?
I take it you're talking about telling the time.

craig green
05-03-06, 09:38 PM
Yeah he means time clock. If you can physically make it fit, it will work. 12v afterall.

Doing the temp etc is do-able too. Just need the wiring & the sender from a Cav.

Nova_Tek
06-03-06, 02:31 PM
I measured up both the LCD DID and the Cav analogue clock.

For the clock to fit you I need to chop the top of it off as there is not enough clearnace from the centre dash vent.

As for the DID, that too can fit but some minor chopping of the inside of the dash is needed and you will be able to see the bottom of the DID unit when the ashtray is open.

But I dont smoke so I never open it :D