PDA

View Full Version : water coming from exhaust<condensation or major>

projectcoshanova
03-03-06, 06:15 PM
hi guys just been and checked my nova and realised after starting it theres water comin from my exhaust:roll: is this due to the weather being cold and its just condensation inside the engine coming out:confused: or is it major things going on with my engine as its only a 1.2 tho i reckon myself its just ice formed somewhere inside the engine but does anyone know of this happening?plz help thanx dal

Superluxeplus
03-03-06, 06:25 PM
Does the engine run roughly when you start it up as though its off a cylinder? Check your coolant level and make sure its just antifreeze and water in there.the 1200cc engines suffer from headgasket failure fairly regular but Its probably just down to the weather, if you give it a clean out down the bypass it'll be fine and wont rot your exhaust (if its not a full stainless)

carnuts
03-03-06, 06:26 PM
cold weather probably if it was anything major it would be smoke from the engine burning it mate i wouldnt worry about it

projectcoshanova
03-03-06, 06:28 PM
yeh it does sound rough due to my headgasket not been fixed yet im only gettin bits sorted on it due to havin run out of money for the project but soon to go in a garage its just antifreeze and water yes will revving the engine high a couple of times flush the water out ???

projectcoshanova
03-03-06, 06:28 PM
there is smoke but only a little bit and then the water drips out

projectcoshanova
03-03-06, 06:35 PM
if anybody can repair headgaskets give me a shout if ya near essex i badly need it fixed but wiling to pay the person and obviously cups of teas and food so let me know otherwise im having to pay the full garage costs which around essex is majorly overpriced lol

projectcoshanova
03-03-06, 09:56 PM
oh well 25 people later looks like im gonna eat myself to death lol

Donova
03-03-06, 11:09 PM
Why not DIY, it,s not a really difficult job if you follow the haynes manual:cool:

Welsh Dan
03-03-06, 11:17 PM
Just make sure everything goes back to its original cylinder :)

Adam
04-03-06, 12:11 AM
It will be condensation with it being so freezing cold outside.

SuperNova!
04-03-06, 01:43 AM
As Long as you pay me some petrol to come down I will be glad to help ;)

projectcoshanova
04-03-06, 06:17 PM
:thumb: yeh thanx mate thought it might be something like that not diy,ing it tho ill end up bitts everywhere not that good with engines lol but thanx a lot everyone

projectcoshanova
04-03-06, 06:20 PM
how much we talkin for petrol :confused: and have u got the tools for the job?:thumb: