PDA

View Full Version : Tempted in a Nova Sport?

jbowman
01-03-06, 04:49 PM
Ultra Rare Nova sport, havent seen one of these for sale for some time.
Anyone else seen another one up for sale?
Even better does anyone have one? :thumb:

http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/59/0b/ag_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-SPORT-FULL-MOT-NOT-GTE-SR-1300SR-1400SR_W0QQitemZ4616672297QQcategoryZ9873QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Iain
01-03-06, 04:56 PM
Nice. Wonder what the reserve is... Will be interesting to see how much it goes for.

TommySR
01-03-06, 05:00 PM
dont look too bad, reserves gotta be round 1k mark??

Jack
01-03-06, 05:25 PM
Saw this on ebay a while back. Considering on Autotrader most 1.2's are ?1000, that'll probably go for ?2000+ lol

Shouldn't it have white bits on the front bumper? Can't tell if the exhaust is red or just rusty lol

Smoked lights? :wtf:

...and call me cynical, but selling a sport and not one engine shot? :wtf:

karl Rowntree
01-03-06, 06:15 PM
Me and Andy B have one for sale, though i believe we are awaiting money for the sale. Sold to a lad in Ireland.. Ours was up for ?1600, sold it for ?1500 if the money arrives. Was a good one as well, oh well keep looking mate..

Karl

Stanley
01-03-06, 06:28 PM
personally i dont trust the ad

he says its had a respray, so im guessing there nit the original decals?

so it basically could be a standard shell with decals and a t40'd sr engine?

il run the plate through an insurance quote.....

Stanley
01-03-06, 06:35 PM
just ran it through a quote

Vehicle VAUXHALL NOVA 1.3 SPORT 1297cc 3DR
Registration no. C884 ETT

**legit nova sport**

lol

Jack
01-03-06, 06:38 PM
Side decals don't look right. According to the pic in the brochure he's (kindly lmao) put up, they don't cover the flared part of the rear arch yet his do lol. Would rather have a rust free one with copied decals than a rusty one with original decals tho...

He could have changed the V5 to read that its a Sport... insurance companies don't always correctly identify sports anyway

Jim
01-03-06, 06:43 PM
Side decals don't look right. According to the pic in the brochure he's (kindly lmao) put up, they don't cover the flared part of the rear arch yet his do lol. Would rather have a rust free one with copied decals than a rusty one with original decals tho...

The respray will account for why the graphics don't appear over the arches.

Jim

Mint FRST
01-03-06, 06:44 PM

**legit nova sport**

lol

Assume you used RAC to check this?

The reg No alone dont make it a legit Sport. The chassis No is all important.

There are some replica's out there,even ones produced in the late 80s. The car appears to have had the decals sprayed on i.e. the three colours.Cant see any fading out dots.

Until last year I did have 2No genuine Sports confirmed by the daddy aka Mr Deurden. Car 1 was sold last August. Car 2 has provisionally sold pending deposit and collection at the end of March.

Car on ebay doesnt appear to be very original however if is a legit Sport is worth as much as someone will pay,should clear a G

Mint FRST
01-03-06, 06:46 PM
He could have changed the V5 to read that its a Sport... insurance companies don't always correctly identify sports anyway

Quite true, however different dealers registered them differently back in the day.

Stanley
01-03-06, 06:46 PM
nah i ran it through tesco online quote

hmmm i dont trust the car like.

looks a bit tatty too.

although if he posts engine and interior pics that should help alot....

Give it some rev
01-03-06, 09:05 PM
iv gotta say it does'nt look too bad considering that the car is 20 years old. if its been resprayed, they could of masked the decals off. those chessy black back lights look awful so do the wheels but nothing you could'nt sort out. also loving the chevette wing mirror lol

the one thing that turns me off the car is that its covered 120,000 miles but if its been serviced then its not too bad

Ste L
02-03-06, 10:39 AM
hhmm, lower valance is black, that should be white, no white on bumpers
graphics look dodgy aswell

its also got tinted rear lights :confused:

hendrix
02-03-06, 12:39 PM
:wtf: why is it in the volkswagen section?? :tard:

Riggy
02-03-06, 02:32 PM

**legit nova sport**

lol

they arnt registered as sports on the logg book

it will just say nova L , as they were just a base model nova with the 40's and stickers etc in the boot

jbowman
02-03-06, 03:35 PM
If its a genuine sport, it just needs some tlc after its long hard life.
Whoever the owners have been in the past havent realised the rarity of this nova - hence not looking after it.

andybishop
02-03-06, 03:42 PM
The log book on ours says Nova Base, opps i mean our old one!

BigStan
02-03-06, 03:45 PM
Why no pics of the left side ? something to hide ?

Adam
02-03-06, 04:15 PM
Perhaps the bumpers were replaced when it was resprayed.
Does seem genuine tho on the log book:-
Manufacturer VAUXHALL
Model NOVA BASE
Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour WHITE
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 31 December 1985
Number of previous owners 9
Last owner change 20 January 1999

Iain
04-03-06, 06:44 PM
Bidding ended at ?1,354.00, with the reserve not met.

jbowman
04-03-06, 07:16 PM
I supprised it didnt go for less in that state!

Jack
04-03-06, 08:30 PM
Went up ~?400 in the last 5 minutes lol

Wonder if it will be relisted...

TommySR
04-03-06, 10:06 PM
hmmm, im sure it is a real Sport despite everything not adding up like decals etc. but resprays etc. and the onwer changing bits and bobs may play a large part in this, not a great example though...

craig green
05-03-06, 10:00 PM
Never forget I saw an old gimmer in a tatty, rusty one in a car park in Taunton couple yrs back. Wish I'd persuaded him to sell (not that I had the cash mind).

jbowman
05-03-06, 11:50 PM
So, If it doesnt say 'Sport' on the V5 and the only thing that sets the sport aside from other Novas is the engine, decals & only 500 were made.
What else makes it a special catch? - Ignorance on my behalf I guess.

Give it some rev
06-03-06, 08:39 PM
anyway, even if it was'nt a real sport so what, everything else on the car was sport equipment. what makes a sport, twin webers an air box and a brown interior. at the end of the day if it was'nt a real sport then the only thing that makes it not a sport is the numbers.

Jack
06-03-06, 09:30 PM
anyway, even if it was'nt a real sport so what, everything else on the car was sport equipment. what makes a sport, twin webers an air box and a brown interior. at the end of the day if it was'nt a real sport then the only thing that makes it not a sport is the numbers.
Fair point. But as with Celicas, people pay an additional premium for the 185RC because its a 185RC... replicas don't get that. Same goes for Novas - most people would rather have the geniune item.

jbowman
08-03-06, 11:47 PM
Did the Nova Sport ever come with one off alloys? I know the ad shows that it has white wheel caps but did some come with white alloys?