PDA

View Full Version : wheel nuts

Anonymous
10-10-01, 08:26 PM
Now heres a question!

im about to buy (well have paid for) waiting for delivery :D some alloy wheels,

and have ordered locking wheel nuts too obviously.

now arent standad nova nuts black?? so three nuts will be black, one chrome/silver

so.... what do you guys do?

cheers
mike

Anonymous
10-10-01, 10:25 PM
paint them

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
11-10-01, 09:47 AM
depends on what wheel you have ordered, some wheels you cant see the nuts, you can buy caps which go over the end of the nut and mak eit look like a shiny new nut, which you normally get 4 of with wheel locking nuts so the potential thieve cant see what type of wheel locking nut you have got. get some of those.

Anonymous
11-10-01, 10:58 AM
when i bought my new whell they came with new nuts

Anonymous
11-10-01, 06:37 PM
there second hand vaux offset wheels, tigra ones, the centre caps dont cover the nuts, sum1 o nova_owners email group told me i pick up some new bolts silver coloured for pennies, im gonna try wheel mania shop on coventry road not far from me c if they can fix me up with owt

Anonymous
11-10-01, 09:31 PM
buy three more sets of locking nuts - then it'll take a theif bloody ages to work out how to get em off.

Anonymous
19-10-01, 10:14 AM
No no no!! Locking nut's don't have the strength of "normal" nuts... Get latest spec nuts from VX, they're pennies, and nickel plated.

Anonymous
19-10-01, 10:14 AM
No no no!! Locking nut's don't have the strength of "normal" nuts... Get latest spec nuts from VX, they're pennies, and nickel plated.