PDA

View Full Version : Ditching the std brake servo etc

craig green
27-02-06, 07:27 PM
I am looking into the possibility of removing the std Nova brake servo that is located on the opposite side to the driver/brake pedal on a nova. The reason for this is to improve the brake feel & effort that goes to the master cylinder. The brake input for anyone that dosent know is tranferred to the servo on the passenger side via a bar that runs accross the bulkhead behind the dash. I think this is where lots of effort & brake feel is wasted.

I want to use the servo & mastercylinder with pedal box from the Corsa which is mounted above the existing brake pedal in the space where the Nova battery sits.

Has anyone seen this done? I beleive it is done in motorsport circles....

craig green
27-02-06, 08:15 PM
Fearless put this on MIG;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/Billing_2003002.jpg

craig green
16-05-06, 12:17 PM
bump for Nathan

CG

NovaNeil
16-05-06, 12:26 PM
I have just brought a Corsa 16v Sport Servo and master cyclinder to do this to mine. Also "DVDev" (Oli) is doing this at the moment to his track day Nova.

The first time I saw it was on the ATC Drag Nova. The owner said something about you have to trim the corsa pedal length down and reweld a plate for your foot to push against as it becomes too long in a Nova due to where the Servo sits???

I took some pics of it will see if I can find them tonight and post them up.

Neil

craig green
16-05-06, 12:29 PM
Nice one.
I'm doing it to rid myself of the transfer bar which I'm sure loses lots of braking effort & loses even more of the 'feel' from the pedal. When driving a Nova I tend to 'cover' the brakes most of the time just to make up for the poor pedal response. Hopefully the direct pedal to servo will sort that.

CG