PDA

View Full Version : Single wipers

db_1.2
27-02-06, 11:03 AM
i was thinking the other day about single wiper kits and how they work. i just wanted to know really if you could use a rear wiper motot?! i mean it does the same motion and its only a single wiper kit. anyone else ever thought of this or even tried it? cus its a hell of a lot cheaper than 100 squid for single wiper conversion kit!

craig green
27-02-06, 11:51 AM
A single wiper can be fashioned out of the bits that make up the front wiper mechanism. Just needs looking at & thinking about.

I dont want a single wiper personally so shant be bothering.....

matt_g
27-02-06, 11:54 AM
the rear wiper only has 1 motion tho dnt it, unlike the front which has 3, this might not matter tho but is jst a thought.

Aamir
27-02-06, 02:26 PM
All you need 2 do is modify the standard one, chop 7mm from the 'T' section below the arm, weld it back together & refit (with plenty of grease)

projectcoshanova
27-02-06, 04:33 PM
lol never heard this before but u would have a big hole infront of ya windscreen to have a back motor in the front best to just get a thin metal bar and take one wiper off and then connect the metal bar to the single wiper thats left.. i own a single conversion kit and thats all it is.a metal bar lol:thumb: