PDA

View Full Version : Hazards

db_1.2
27-02-06, 10:25 AM
is there any way of fixing those gay hazard light switch's without replacing the switch? i bunged mine up with a bit of paper for the minute :Dlol

womble sri
27-02-06, 11:30 AM
common fault if you bodge it well it will still pass mot

Iain
27-02-06, 11:55 AM
The previous owner to me decided spraying WD40 down the hazard switch would be a good idea. :roll:

Somebody was selling "fixed" switches on eBay a while back, not sure if they were off this forum, but I remember they had a spring or something in them? Anybody buy one?

SPipower
27-02-06, 11:58 AM
i took one of mine apart and it was a little white plastic thing that trys to defy gravity...... good old vauxhall designers... well anyway i fixed it by covering the inside with castrol grease the actual switch inside, took about an hour but it worked for me so you may have some luck:thumb:

Adam
27-02-06, 02:18 PM
Just take it apart, remove the springs. Put it back together.
Fixed forever.

Tazzy
27-02-06, 03:50 PM
i bought a brand new onr from vauxhall for ?25, within a few days, i took my car to the bodyshop, left it there for a week, in thta time, they broke it trying to do that 'trick'! ;)

anyway, i used a bic pen lid and jammed it down the side of it between the switch and dash!

SPipower
28-02-06, 02:26 PM
U should of got them to fix it,? u paid ?25 for one?

chrisfrain
27-03-06, 01:09 AM
take the springs out then u just pull it out for hazards on no probs ever again

Donova
28-03-06, 12:11 AM
take the springs out then u just pull it out for hazards on no probs ever againDon,t it shake out with vibration? or does the little white gubbins hold it in, or, do you have to wedge it in. (:roll: sounds like something from a sex manuallol lol )

Adam
28-03-06, 12:18 AM
It works fine, miles better than the standard push on type.