PDA

View Full Version : Removing door pins

antty989898
26-02-06, 05:20 PM
ok short and sweet...., HOW!???or even a step by step on removing doors plz

Jack
26-02-06, 06:30 PM
You'll need a door pin removal tool and a hammer lol... failing that, grind the door off!

jbowman
26-02-06, 06:35 PM
Can use some thin nosed pliers and then gently hammer the pin out, ideally you need a mate or your missus to hold the door straight.
Spend a few minutes looking at the hinges and you will figure out how it all comes apart n hopefully how it goes back together again.

mikey14sr
26-02-06, 06:35 PM
top pin has to go down and the bottom one up, easier with door closed and wing off.

starkmotorsport
26-02-06, 07:12 PM
...then gently hammer the pin out...

Has your Nova been wrapped in cottom wool since birth!?!?

Gently will take you three years to get one pin out!

Mikey is right though, you get a better swing with the wing off.

SPipower
26-02-06, 07:39 PM
Hit with a hammer, or long nose pliers and then ease it up, got a haynes manual??! :)

R1CH
26-02-06, 08:01 PM
I've always mangaed to get them off by ....

(1) Get an M5 bolt (a stong one !) about 30mm longer than the hinge.
(2) Get 2 M5 nuts and grind the flat edges down so there nice and round (enough for them to pass through the hinges)
(3) Put the bolt through the hinge pin then put the 2 nuts on, this can be a bit fiddly. (top hinge - nuts on top, bottom hinge nuts to the bottom)
(4) Get a long flat piece of 15mm - 20mm (strong) bar with a U shape filed in the end (so it fits under the head of the M5 bolt) (might be able to use a claw hammer ?)
(5) Then holding the bar under the head of the bolt .... HAMMER LIKE HELL !

The nuts will push against the pin pulling it through the hinge (hopefully !)

Also before you start, soak them in WD40. I always take the bottom pin out 1st, oh ... and get someone to hold the door whilst your doing it !!

Hope that helps !
:thumb:

Rich

jbowman
26-02-06, 08:01 PM
Has your Nova been wrapped in cottom wool since birth!?!?

Gently will take you three years to get one pin out!

It jus makes the painwork tatty + the previous owner has gone to great lenghth to keep the car as well maintained as possible, so my well greased up hinges jus slide out.

antty989898
26-02-06, 08:12 PM
mmmmmmmm thank for those ideas but still to no provail:( i hav hit the top out first and now bottom is mega hard 2 get out........not enought space for me to ****it 1:mad:

R1CH
26-02-06, 08:24 PM
Try using a bigger hammer ?
lol

Rich

SPipower
26-02-06, 08:42 PM
probabily easier to take the wing off and just completly un bolt the hinges

R1CH
26-02-06, 10:31 PM
probabily easier to take the wing off and just completly un bolt the hinges

Hinges are fixed to the car, you can't unbolt them !

Rich

tricky07773
26-02-06, 11:41 PM
all u need is a long thin bar a big hammer n about 3 weeks of your time,that should do it lol