PDA

View Full Version : please help...

womble sri
26-02-06, 04:37 PM
right havent started the car for a few days since the manifold started blowing. went to start it today and it just wouldnt fire up kept turning over and sparking a little bit but wouldnt get going. then the battery started to get low so i got the jump leads out just in case. then it just started turning over only a few times and gave up and now thats all it does. it was low on fuel but i put a jerry cans worth in after few first attempts. tried it for a while and nothing. what could it be? started motor? bottom end siezed?
please help as im feckin screwin

Stuart
26-02-06, 04:42 PM
its turning over and sparking? then its not siezed and the starter should be ok aslong as its cranking at "normal" speed.

Id say you simply flooded it since not starting for a few days so you did more than the magic 3 pedal pumps and all this cranking has added more fuel in. check the plugs to see if they are wet

nova~norm
26-02-06, 05:01 PM
my sri done that check the wires on the fuel pump

womble sri
26-02-06, 08:06 PM
i tried to start it again and it tried a few times and gave up the battery was low so i used some jump leads but no difference

womble sri
26-02-06, 08:07 PM
if i have flooded it shall i just leave it and let it sort itself out

Stuart
26-02-06, 08:56 PM
leave it a few hours and it "should" fire if all else is fine

womble sri
26-02-06, 09:01 PM
it dosent want to turn over piece of ****e ill try it in the mornin

Stuart
26-02-06, 09:02 PM
give the battery a good ole charge over night

womble sri
27-02-06, 10:07 AM
well didnt want to start this morning, battery was flat, so i tried a new one, didnt work, got pissed off and towed it up the road put it second let it pop and bang for about 200 m and it went ok but still sounded like a lorry cos of the manifold. but new manifold and system going on today so never mind that. i never thought that leaving it for just 3 days would make it not start i never had that sort of trouble before even after leaving her for weeks

Adam
27-02-06, 02:21 PM
Sounds like the battery is old and tired and not holding charge for long.
But if you have an alarm, with warning LEDs etc, that will drain your battery if left for a few days. Either that, or something else is drawing power.

Or it could be the alternator not fully charging the battery when the engine is running.

Its more likely to be the batt at fault tho. Was the "new" battery, new as in new from Halfords etc? Or new as in a spare out the shed? Lol

projectcoshanova
27-02-06, 04:39 PM
:( sounds like the odd one out game here id say check ya alternators charging ya battery first then renew the battery if its not the alternator im having the same problems but mine starts when obviously running.my battery drains its power after a few days too im currently going to change my alternator as i know thats the problem as ive got a brand new battery