PDA

View Full Version : paint jobs

Anonymous
04-10-01, 11:26 AM
right i want to paint my wing mirrors blue to match my car. should i do it myself with a can of spray paint or do i pay $$$ for somebody to do it properly.

cheers big ears

You know what they about people with big hands :-/ Big Gloves ;)

Anonymous
04-10-01, 11:48 AM
do it yourself, take the mirror off, mask it up sand it down and spray it. I did one of mine in about 15 minutes.

Anonymous
04-10-01, 01:12 PM
look ok? for metallic paint?

Anonymous
04-10-01, 01:22 PM
how much will they charge u?

Anonymous
04-10-01, 04:21 PM
im quite shit at spraying so i always get it done by a pro, however a decent bodyshop wont charge 2 much i got my'n done for 40quid and there mint

B-)

Anonymous
04-10-01, 05:19 PM
give it a go davo its easy, you cant make ur car ne worse can u? do as damian says and a garage wont charge ??????? to paint 2 poxy wing mirrors.
it will look shite after first attempt if u dont know wot ur doing so get plenty of sand paper and tuffen up that right arm! or u do something else for that??

Anonymous
05-10-01, 06:33 AM
have a go yourself davo.
you might suprise yourself and it could turn out nice.
if not - you wasted a bit of elbow grease and a can of paint... wow!
then take it to the shop and have it done...
not cost much.

Anonymous
05-10-01, 11:51 AM
A friend of mine did his Fiesta Si wing mirrors. 1st sand them down so they are nice and smooth, then spray with a primer able to bond to plastics. Resand with v fine grit wet and dry (use water) then repeat 2-3 more times, spraying and sanding. Allow paint to set fully then apply top coat, resand with v v fine wet n dry reapply 2-3 more top coats allow to fully harden (24 hours). Then as your car is metallic u will need a clear laquer to spray over your top coat. Apply in same way as previously done(may need 2 coats). Allow to fully dry-reattach them to the car and then admire your handy work. It is well worth it, the car will look much better and u wont have to tell the insurance co as it is such a suble mod. Most cars have colour coded mirrors now anyway. Plus it only took my mate a weekend and his looked mint. He had metallic black mirrors so had to laquer his, but he did a good job and the car looked far better once they were refitted.
Happy spraying ;)
P.S will prob cost u less than ?10 for everything u need!

Anonymous
05-10-01, 11:54 AM
dont go to a garage in this country and offer them $$$$$$ cos they only accept ???????.

You nah wan fi cum test me now, seen!

Anonymous
05-10-01, 03:49 PM
lol cheers, will have a bash necxt weekend :)