PDA

View Full Version : Taking spi off

JAMIEP
24-02-06, 07:25 PM
I havent really gotta clue with engines lol but when i take the spi off etc what do i do with the wires and will it still limit out at around 5500? if so how do i stop this? cheers guys

Nick
24-02-06, 07:31 PM
You'l turn the key, and nothing will happen

womble sri
24-02-06, 07:34 PM
i think whem you run it on the sr dizzy (which you will do if your using 40's) it will solve that. i didnt have a clue either just take it all off you wont need all the wires who's putting the sri head on?

Nick
24-02-06, 07:35 PM
i think whem you run it on the sr dizzy (which you will do if your using 40's) it will solve that. i didnt have a clue either just take it all off you wont need all the wires who's putting the sri head on?

oh your putting 40s on it, should have said that then :-)

JAMIEP
24-02-06, 09:27 PM
my mates putting the head on and probably the rest of it lol, vauxhall apprentice.......yeh i need to get hold of an sr dizzy fit it all etc.....what about the rev limiter then? will there be one?

womble sri
24-02-06, 11:59 PM
no i wouldnt of thought so i use the same set up plus a wild cam and it revs to 8k

Adam
25-02-06, 01:51 PM
No it will wont limit at 5500rpm as the ECu will be removed.

Just remove all the engine wiring, and ecu, leave the starter and alterntor loom.
Fit the c14se head, and a SR dizzy and coil. You are also going need to sort the fueling, either using the spi pump and a regulator, or fit 1.4Sr cam carrier and fuel pump with a regulator.