PDA

View Full Version : door handle replacement

Anonymous
01-10-01, 12:47 PM
on the feature cars section there is a green gte with "one off cavalier handles with gte embossed".
How did he fit these handles?
i wouldn't mind oding it with some different ones i have seen that should be similar set up internally. the car they are from shall obviously remain secret.
is it a case of cut out around the handle and weld on then just fill n smooth n fill n smooth etc to finish it??
or is it something else?

Anonymous
01-10-01, 05:11 PM
Thats Luggy's car. Hes a friend of my mates, lives down in Dover. I'll try and find out how he did em.

Anonymous
01-10-01, 05:44 PM
Nah luggys car is orange. Thats mark sealeys. He lives in Leicester but last i saw i think the car was up for sale.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
01-10-01, 08:21 PM
Yeh, it's up for sale...may have been sold by now. It was at Billing with the for sale sign on.

How you described the fitting is more or less it...cutting, welding etc.
The only other thing to work out is how it links up with the lock mechanism. You may have to make up custom connection rods or whatever.

I was wondering if there's any handles that will fit with no mods...anyone know of any?
Is there some Pug handles that fit...I'm sure I've seen some on a Nova in the past.

Anonymous
02-10-01, 07:51 AM
you mean straight swap? - thats cheating... not like you rich - the man who replaced his arches all together instead off just grinding rust off.

Anonymous
02-10-01, 09:51 AM
luggu just got a drill and a file and went from there.

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
03-10-01, 09:59 PM
lol@wisewood.....there was no arch to grind rust off of! At the near-side, the lower edge was made of filler! The off side was metal with no filler, but was hanging off, so I had no choice but to replace the arches.

I ought to have done a door handle conversion whilst I had the paint sanded down ready for re-spray. Ni mind, I can always paint them again after a handle swap, that's if I do a handle swap of course.