PDA

View Full Version : Central Heating/Boilers

Stuart
23-02-06, 09:45 PM
Last night the heating started making a "running" noise like there was water rushing through it (but not totally full). It only really happens once the heating has been off for 45ish minutes. The noise comes from the boiler in the kitchen through the celing to the bedroom (maisonette) where the tank is.

WTF is the problem likely to be? and how do i shut it up? Ill get the landlord to look tomorrow but id like to get some sleep tonite

hendrix
23-02-06, 09:47 PM
probably need to bleed your radiators matey

Stuart
23-02-06, 09:49 PM
its not that circuit thats noisy lol. anyway they simply wouldnt heat up if they were full of air.

i belive its the water heating circuit

hendrix
23-02-06, 09:54 PM
oooh right errr dunno
do all ur rads heat up cos most of ours do apart from one or two
probably an old system that is as fecked as mine

bump
24-02-06, 06:52 PM
My boiler does something simalar, apparently it's part of it's pressure regulaing system. so long as it warms the house and doesn't blow up i don't really care.

thinking that it could be some regulating valve that has gone.

Stuart
24-02-06, 07:03 PM
it shuts up with the heating on. meh the landlord is coming to look at it tomorrow so its his issue lol

bump
24-02-06, 07:10 PM
well, it's his issue untill the whole system has to be gutted, or your boiler gets condemmed, with no replacement for 10 days lol

happened in a previous place i lived in. glad i had a gas fire, shame the shower ran off the hot water tank :eek: