PDA

View Full Version : nova xe to c20let options/ideas

jamie gsi16v
22-02-06, 05:27 PM
currently im running a standard 150 bhp nova xe and yes its good fun but i have decided to go for a power upgrade, i have managed to lay my hands on a calibra turbo 4x4 (whole car)running 260 bhp. the car has been bored out to a 2.1 has a stage 3 Courtney Turbo, Performance inter-cooler and has been super-chiped.
it does seem to be a shame rip such a good car apart but the end result should be great, anyway i think the engine conversion should be pretty straight forward but im contemplating wether to put the f28 box in or not? can anybody shed some light on how hard this is going to be, my car itself has only been xe coverted 2 months but i got offered good money for the xe engine and picked up the calibra turbo car cheap so i thort why not?
also i have been thinking about converting it too 5 stud and using the calibra turbo 16" wheels but havnt a clue how to do it, i do no its been done though so it must be possible, again any help is great, thankyou

my car already-
full front end poly bushes
fully seam welded and plated engine bay
avo coilovers with 300lb springs
v6 brakes
no arb
22 spline gte shafts with cav mk2 inner cv's
chris astly engine mount kit
solid mounts

is there anything i should think about changing before i start the build, nearly everything is only 2 months old, cheers for any help/advice as i think il need it.

cheers jamie:thumb:

skud52
22-02-06, 05:47 PM
your an animal j lol

jamie gsi16v
22-02-06, 10:36 PM
car will be when its done, been looking into space framing the rear end now and turning it into 4x4 but i dont wana destroy a good shell? my dad spaceframes his custom race cars for a living n he reakons my novas a walk in the park! but im inpatiant and un trust worthy cuz to him it doesnt matter if it goes wrong as its "only a nova"

db_1.2
22-02-06, 10:45 PM
can you not use the 4x4 running gear??? may sound a bit silly but ive seen it done on 4 fiestas with the cosworth DOHC might be a big project but i would love to see it done only i cant afford it! ........................ its just an idea:wtf:lol what does everyone think??

db_1.2
22-02-06, 10:46 PM
sorry didnt read the post above mine! i once seen a rover v8 nova.................................

graham kirkbride
23-02-06, 12:41 PM
try phoning regal autosport 02380558636 mate they are pretty good at answering questions as they deal in turbo conversions and xe worth a try mate ask for chris or try bernie at novatech 01753696216 hope this helps mate your car is GUNNA be a ANIMAL JAMIE... say bye to the scoobys for me when its finishedlol

Will F
24-02-06, 09:07 AM
Dont bother calling Regal (but I guess you already knew that!);)

I suggest using the F28, you have one and its not hard to fit, just need to fettle with the mount. The F20 wont be as reliable (with 260 bhp) and wont last

You might wanna change you shafts too, but that isnt as important as they should last if you dont drive like an animal all the time.

mikey14sr
24-02-06, 09:56 AM
converting to 5-stud shouldn't be too difficult, at the front it's a case of swapping the drive flanges over, you'll have to replace the wheel bearings while you're doing it so theres something that shouldn't go wrong for a while.
I dont know if the 4x4 rear hubs will just swap over though, you might have to find some 5-stud hubs from a 2wd cavvy.

NovaB3ast
25-02-06, 05:46 PM
I really want to build a 4wd Turbo Nova but I need to finish my Volvo Turbo 5 first.
If I were you i'd go for it, it'd be the ultimate fast road car and nothing would have a look in!!