PDA

View Full Version : Innovate Lambda guage?

thirdeyeblindman
22-02-06, 04:56 PM
I was going to buy one to install in my sport and my evo to monitor the AFR of the 40s in the sprt and the Motec in the evo.

Has anyone used one?

Stuart
22-02-06, 05:22 PM
not used one but it does look to be the mutts nuts. appart from the display being a bit chavvy (but they are all a bit naff looking bar the LM1 with a proper data logger).

there is also the NGK/NTK one thats a little cheaper

dont forget youd need to add an M18 boss to the sport exhaust unless its got one already

thirdeyeblindman
22-02-06, 06:29 PM
many thanks for your reply,

i ran it past Steven and he said that they give problems with timing errors and sensor heater errors and the datalogger spikes all over the place. although he didnt explain any further.

anyone else any experience?

Stuart
22-02-06, 06:47 PM
i seriously doubt anyone else on here would use such a device..... there are a few folks on mig who care enough about their LETS to get something to monitor the AFR.

You could always get a Bosch 5/6wire Lambda for ?80ish and then get the ?200+ controller for it (but im yet to find a decent supplier for those)

Whats the budget for it? as i know of a very nice unit (not nessecaraly a proper incar one) that retails at about ?1500 before calibration lol

Stuart
22-02-06, 06:51 PM
http://www.ngk.com/afx/ that seems "ok" but no real logging facility meh for the cost its good

all youd need to do with the LM1 is to post process the data with a filter (you could even do it in excel if you wanted) so it removes some of the spikes. Or use a little imagination and ignore them ;)

Rick Draper
22-02-06, 08:27 PM
I have a Inovate LM1 and XD1 setup. I have not used it yet though......

thirdeyeblindman
22-02-06, 10:06 PM
whats the xd1?

Stuart
23-02-06, 07:56 AM
im 99% sure the XD-1 is the dash display.. the chavvy looking bit. Big dial with the AFR round the edge and displayed in the middle etc.

thirdeyeblindman
23-02-06, 03:50 PM
what one do you use or recommend stuart?

stephen suggested the Etas LA4 which is what he uses, but i dont see the need for something at 2K+ if im only going to have a play (different for him as he needs it for his business).

what you think?

Stuart
23-02-06, 04:03 PM
If your only having a play then the XD1 is good. as is the NGK thing i linked.
The LM-1 would be good if you really need to log the data (then post process the data to kill off spikes if you really want to). Im guessing that you wont be changing the fuelling of either vehicle as youd probably take atleast the sport to steven... so its kinda achedemic at the end of the day. ergo your call on what you want to spend lol

I use a Horiba Mexa that i borrow from work when i need wideband stuff, atleast i then dont have to worry about its calibration costs ;)

thirdeyeblindman
23-02-06, 04:18 PM
i have borrowed one of a biker friend to try out for a week.. i'll let yous kknow

Rick Draper
23-02-06, 07:18 PM
My XD-1 and LC-1 will log. It all depends what it is connected 2.......