PDA

View Full Version : Rear lights & Buckets

Anonymous
03-09-01, 06:12 PM
A few quick questions...

1. Are all the rear clear light clusters the same? There are sometimes different ones around in diff ads in the magazines ...which are ones are best??

2. Are red clusters road legal (all red, from someone like X-treme Motorsport)

-which ones would look best on a Red Nova, smoothed tailgate?

3. Bucket Seats ...which ones are best??
I want recliners. What do people think of the Cobra Sidewinders?? (in black leather & red fabric)

Please help, cheers.

How far do u go with mods, that is the question ... :-/

Anonymous
04-09-01, 09:23 AM
the red clusters are legal as long as they have fog lights. they dont have to have the reverse light. And yes those would look good on a nova with a smoothed tailgate.

Anonymous
04-09-01, 09:49 AM
http://www.ccmotorsport.co.uk/vauxhall/nova/nova-lights.htm

the link shows the red and clear lights.
the clears have the fog already, the reds dont.
I know there are other clear lights on the market without the fog (and double reverse lights) ...if I went for either of this type (in red or clear), where would I put the fog light??

-remember its a smoothed tailgate, with the number plate in the bumper.

Vroooooooooom !!
:p I'm allowed to make silly noises, cos I ain't got my car back yet!!! :(

Anonymous
04-09-01, 10:07 AM
it would have to go on the bumper i suppose , next to ur plate.

Anonymous
04-09-01, 10:10 AM
For seats Cobra Daytonas. The siderwinders are nice looking but too wide.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
04-09-01, 10:18 AM
i've heard sidewinder dont hold u in that well? that they are too wide and u slide all over the gaff?

what about getting sum Recaro's out of an RS and re-trimming them? you could probably but 2 recaro's, retrim them and fit them for the priceof one sidewinder...? (if u get the recaro's cheap enuff)

red clusters would look excellent on a redcar...i think clear clusters on a red car is too much of a contrast...

get the red definatey mate ;)

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

[-monkcap.jpg-]

Have u ever blown Bubbles?...
Cos he's back in town askin for ya...

Anonymous
04-09-01, 11:35 AM
http://www.novaload.net/features/feature_car.asp?ref=48&cnt=109

Hmmm... I think Jay Troman's car looks alright with the rears clear.

Wouldnt it seem too red with red lights an' all?? I have never seen any Nova with just red lights though...

I definately aint getting leather cobras ...they are ?650 each!!! me sticking to the fabric!
I got GSi Recaros at the moment, I just want to be a bit more different and customised for me.
Daytona's or Sidewinders... that is the question
Both would be the same price, as I would get the Daytona's trimmed abit differently, like the Sidewinders.

Who do u know that has tried both seats??
or anyone with one of them ....how do u rate them?

Vroooooooooom !!
:p I'm allowed to make silly noises, cos I ain't got my car back yet!!! :(

Anonymous
04-09-01, 12:48 PM
Confused cos the Sidewinder is supposed to be "The premier seat"!!

Anonymous
04-09-01, 12:49 PM
Confused cos the Sidewinder is supposed to be "The premier seat"!!

Anonymous
04-09-01, 03:11 PM
I think the red ones would look better, youve seen my car, its white with flushed tailgate and clear clusters, it compliments the car. go for the red ones, that way you don't have to piss around with the fog light. Which reminds me, I really should try and put a fog light in my car, ive been driving without one for over 6 months !!! MOT soon though so I'd better get one.

Come on England !!

Anonymous
04-09-01, 03:57 PM
With the red clusters from CC Motorsport (the link above) they DON'T have the Fog light in them. And I aint getting another separate one on my car!
I phoned Peter Maidens (PMC) who sell the clear ones minus the fog light, and they said forget about fixing a fog light, and when it comes to MOT time, simply put your old ones back in and then change to the clear clusters again after that!
...said its hardly that bad weather in this country so dont need one. ...????!!????

Anonymous
04-09-01, 04:57 PM
gat your mate who is doing the respray to put a peugeot 206 fog light on the bumper and dont flush it !
or get astra rear fogs and mount them in the bumper

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
05-09-01, 12:17 PM
Seats: Daytona will fit better in the Nova -so they are now prefered over the Sidewinders.

Apparantly, last week, there was a seat in black and silver at Silverstone ...does anyone know the name of the company????

Anonymous
05-09-01, 01:05 PM
All-Red lights on a red Nova look mint....here's a pic I took at Billing:

http://www.novabug.co.uk/PCC01_36.jpg

It looks mint on this one 'cos of the grey spoiler and Anthracite bumpers, but it might not look as good with colour coded bumpers?
I don't know what brand those lights are, 'cos they DO have a fog light....maybe he did 'em him self?

Anonymous
05-09-01, 05:19 PM
Aye... it looks good.
maybe a bit too red though, esp with the colour coded bumpers, as you said. THANKS.

I think the lights look better when they are symmetrical, i.e 2 reverse lights, and no fog ...

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Walk On, Walk Oooonnnn...
With Hope In Your Heart
You'll Never... Walk ...Alone!
:x Liverpool!! :x

Anonymous
06-09-01, 12:33 PM
David,
any idea who the company was re those seats that u saw at Silverstone??
I could search for you, but I dont know where to look on the internet!
cheers

Anonymous
13-09-01, 10:04 AM
Has anybody actually fitted Daytona's in the Nova before???? personally?
(how was the fitting?)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
:x You'll NOVA Walk Alone :x