PDA

View Full Version : rubbing

bonkars
21-02-06, 06:46 PM
hello there again i have sorted the light steering it was damper it was twisted round my spring but now i have a new problem when i am goin straight and put my clutch in you can hear a mad noise sounds like summet is rubbing it also does it if i turn left, but does not do it when i turn right.if i go straight but hold the wheel a tiny bit to the right it doesant do it neither,i have a feeling that there is still summet wrong from when i hit a kerb which made my steering go light in the first place. if anybody can help would be much appreciated.:confused: cheers jid

Donova
21-02-06, 09:01 PM
Have a look at steering,track rods etc and drive shafts,brake pipes for signs of rubbing, get someone to listen outside the car,difficult to tell when your inside where noise comes from.

MrSilicone
21-02-06, 10:27 PM
Get the front end in the air, support it on axle stands in a suitable position and get sum1 to either run the car whilst you look or vice versa, this way u'll be able to check, as the wheels are turning and the steering can be checked too. mite be able to source the problem.