PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen Tint??

Anonymous
28-08-01, 11:00 AM
after reading the previous window tinting question, it was said that you cant tint ur windscreen, but dont some of the new renault's have theres tinted slightly (sort of green colour) think its either laguna's or espace's not sure, i was gonna do this to mine but not sure if its legal now???
cheers

**For F**K Sake Have You Ever Seen A White Nova Taxi!**

Anonymous
28-08-01, 11:22 AM
if its on a new car as standard chances are its a special tint thats like them auto darkening sunglasses... darkens slightly when light gets brighter.
Dont know for sure but it could be... Its definately illegal to just tint your windscreen as you have to have 100% clear view through something like 85% of the window or something like that.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
28-08-01, 12:07 PM
true, and if your going to have a sunstrip, technically it can only be a certain width s that it deosn't cover more than X% of the window. Dont touch the windscreen, if you blacken the rear windows and dark smoke tint the front door windows the windscreen will seem as if it has been tinted anyway. Because the only light thats getting in is through the windscreen it appears as if you have blackened the windscreen as well when you havent.

Come on England !!

Anonymous
29-08-01, 09:45 PM
my renalut 19 Lreg had tinted screen, as did the nova till about 4 months ago when peeny pinching me decicded that clean is better lol

if yer screen has an integral sunstipe its a tinted screen! but dont go any darker as its dodgy

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
30-08-01, 04:07 AM
If your Novas got tints as standard, then the front screen is tinted as well, just not very much. Like Cambridge says....you know if it's a tinted screen if it's got an integral sunstip/shade-band whatever you want to call it.
Newer Novas have green tint, but mines got bronze being an E-plate, with the shade-band in blue.

Don't tint the windscreen any darker than standard, 'cos it'd be dangerous for yourself, never mind other peeps!
As Damian said...if you tint the other windows anyway, the windscreen looks much darker.

Anonymous
30-08-01, 07:34 AM
my d plate has a green strip...

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

I appologise in advance if i sound ignorant, rude or in anyway derogatory towards anyone or anything - except in some cases when i intend it that way.

Anonymous
30-08-01, 10:47 PM
What colour's the rest of the glass Wisewood?

I don't know why I said that above about mine having bronze tints 'cos it's an E-plate.....I makes no difference....some older ones also had green tints, and had a green shade-band I think.

Anonymous
03-09-01, 08:36 AM
easy well to tell a tinted screen is while washing ur car treacle water over the window and what ever colour the water is, ur tint is too!

lancia delta or cossie? LANCIA!

Anonymous
11-09-01, 02:27 AM
Also works in the rain.....the water droplets will show up as what ever colour the tint is.