PDA

View Full Version : Window tiniting??

Anonymous
25-08-01, 07:28 PM
Hi guys. Looking at the demon tweeks mag and saw window tinting kit (page 129). Will it look crap. It doesnt say anything about been ilegal. Is it legal.

Cheers

Jon

Anonymous
27-08-01, 10:55 AM
all the MOT manual says about windows is you must have good view from the front windscreen.
Doesn't say anything about any other windows as far as i can find... shouldn't be a problem tinting them as long as you can see through them a little from inside.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
27-08-01, 06:30 PM
it maybe ok, i had ma windows done by a company in Bathgate (scotland) and they made a really good job ov it bloody seamless :D

The police can stop u and check ur tint with a new thingy, ur front side windows can be no more than 35% tinted and the back and side no more than 20% tinted.........i think, the boy that fitted mine said they were legal and if i did get stopped and told to take them off that they would replace them for nought

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
28-08-01, 10:51 AM
your back window and two rear windows can be as dark as you want, as you don't have to be able to see through them at all (like a van). You cant touch the front windscreen at all, the front door windows can be tinted but they are supposed to let a certain amount of light in, don't know how much though. The police do have light detectors to see how much light your windows are allowing through, so be careful.

Come on England !!

Anonymous
28-08-01, 08:10 PM
Cheers guys. Rang demon tweeks. They said as u lot said anything on back no front windscreen and light tint on front sides.

Jon

Anonymous
10-09-01, 06:23 PM
i got it. i got the light smoke one. and its alright you can still see through it but if your windows a real shiny it makes them look darker. its already cut which is wicked